Hello,
I was just in Home Depot, and I noticed a DeWalt DW618PK, 3 base (including “D” base) router set on the clearance table. The tool manager told me that the DeWalt guy told him that DeWalt was discontinuing the router. Even though the router was on the clearance table, it was still marked at its regular price of $279. I had to convince the manager that $279 was NOT a clearance price, but the regular price, and after he looked up the SKU number, he realized that I was right. He said that he’d have to check with the store manager to see what they would sell it for, and he would call me when he found out.
Has anyone heard that DeWalt is discontinuing this router or all routers? I believe that some time ago, I read a posting on the forum by someone who said that DeWalt was getting out of the router business. Does anyone know if this is true?
Another question: This 3 base DeWalt set has no case, etc., just the motor and the 3 bases. Is there anything that I’d be missing if I bought this? In other words, are there any other accessories that are supposed to come with the full kit that I’d be missing? Would I have to have special wrenches to tighten the bits, etc.?
And if DeWalt is really discontinuing this router, has anyone else seen it on clearance at either Home Depot or Lowe’s? If it’s really being discontinued, I would think that it would be on clearance everywhere.
Louis