Thread: Downdraft sanding table

Downdraft sanding table

Hi,
    New to woodworking but found out quick that dust is a problem. Going to build a downdraft system for sanding as my DC is loaded. I was lucky and have a hot air furnace blower and motor but need to know the basic rules not to be voliated. I have looked around and some have angled shelves under the sanding tray and some not, some have double, or single filters, some have 1" holes or 1/4" for the top, where can I find some answers to point me in the right direction.
    I would like a table that is 2' by 5' for the sanding top to meet my demands. Any help would be greatly apprecated.
    Even the blind pig finds an acorn....
    Syd L.

Quote Originally Posted by Syd Lorandeau
    Hi,
    New to woodworking but found out quick that dust is a problem. Going to build a downdraft system for sanding as my DC is loaded. I was lucky and have a hot air furnace blower and motor but need to know the basic rules not to be voliated. I have looked around and some have angled shelves under the sanding tray and some not, some have double, or single filters, some have 1" holes or 1/4" for the top, where can I find some answers to point me in the right direction.
    I would like a table that is 2' by 5' for the sanding top to meet my demands. Any help would be greatly apprecated.
    Even the blind pig finds an acorn....
    Syd L.

Syd...

I can help you. I recently sent plans to Gersty, and they are still (miraculously after my recent upgrade) on my computer. PM me an email address, and I'll send you some plans.
    Martin, Granbury, TX
    Student of the Shaker style

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Shupe
    Syd...

I can help you. I recently sent plans to Gersty, and they are still (miraculously after my recent upgrade) on my computer. PM me an email address, and I'll send you some plans.
    Hi Martin-
    Would love to see them. slorandeau@earthlink.net
    Syd