Thread: Now I've done it.

Now I've done it.

Picked up the delta midi lathe at the Sears catalogue store last night just as they were closing. Got is set up and turned my first pen this afternoon. Considering I haven't touched a lathe in 45 years since high school I'm happy. Used some pieces of honey locust that the neighbor had cut down a couple years ago.
    Will have to get some larger cutters though. The ones that came with it are micro tools. Good for pens and small stuff but thats about all.
    Since it's a $600 pen the wife has already claimed it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Rick
    I support the Pens for Canadian Peacekeepers project

Nice work Rick, welcome back into the vortex .... one thing tho .... make sure she pays in cash, the LOML keeps doin that to me on turnings and f.....t work and I swear she owes me about a new corvette's worth ....
    John 3:16

You haven't lost your touch after 45 years. That's a beauty!

Welcome back to the abyss.
    1,372 miles south of Steve Schlumpf, 525 miles west of that Burns fellow.

Never, under ANY circumstance, make the last cut!

Blog Entries
    Very nice, looks like quite a few of us "old newbies" are coming back from out into the force. Kinda like Obi-won, when Luke finds him.

Rick congrats all the way around. New lathe, new tools, making pens and back into the black hole of turning. Pen looks great Rick. Haven't lost your touch.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Rick - I kicked a box in the barn yesterday and looked to see what it was...

It is the extension bed for my Delta Midi... Still in the box... If you ever want to stretch your pens a bit - give me a shout...

Steve
    Steve Beckham

Epilog Mini 24 with 45 Watt, Ricoh GX 7000 Sublimation, Corel X3, Corel X4 and PhotoGrav, Recently replaced the two 'used' SWF machines with brand new Barudans.

That's a pretty nice first project Rick!
    Just cut off the parts that don't look like a bowl...

Thanks for the comments.. Fallen into the black hole of turning is right. Made 2 more cigar pens yesterday. Guess what everyone is getting for Christmas this year.
    Rick
    I support the Pens for Canadian Peacekeepers project