Thread: Hey John Miliunas ........

Hey John Miliunas ........

During your Fall Gloat Fest, you spoke of the new DeWalt planer. I assume you got the DW735. So, what do you think? If you've had time to put it through the paces please let us know what you think of it. Looked through your posts and didn't find a follow up.

The tool guy at Lowe's won't let me look at it anymore. He says I'm wearing the yellow off of it. Also something about drool rusting the cutter head. Not sure exactly what he's talking about.

Anyway, inquiring minds are anxious to know ... Is it 'the one'?

Any other DW735 owners please chime in.
    Tony

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    The tool guy at Lowe's won't let me look at it anymore. He says I'm wearing the yellow off of it. Also something about drool rusting the cutter head. Not sure exactly what he's talking about.
    LMAO

Tony,
    I bought one after listening to John go on, and on, and on, about it.
    Did my home work and I'm very happy with it.

Even though it has handles, "it ain't portable". That is one heavy mo&*##@!

Very loud, cuts clean, no problem with snipe. My 650CFM DC can keep up with the chip shower that pukes out of it. (Not a review writer sorry).

The 735 will far excede my needs for a long tme but I already have tool envy reading some of the other gloats. Size matters!

I would do it again.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Tony,

I have the 735 and can't say enough good words about it. I think Dewalt looked around, saw what was out there and decided to better them. Very minimal snipe, excellent dust extraction, two speeds, built well and leaves a beautiful finish. Most expensive of the benchtops, but worth it, IMHO.

Bob
    bob m

Sheeeesh....A guy goes through just a couple threads and there's a new one going already! Yup, ditto to what the other guys said. I went ahead and also added the extension tables to mine, which really seem to help with longer boards. Snipe is all but a thing of the past, though you will want to take light passes. I've run quite a bit of Oak through mine already, with beautiful results. Here again, you want to pay attention to grain direction. Most recently, I ran some pretty thick Aspen through it "in a hurry", just to square up some stock for diagnal supports. Took some pretty "heavy" passes in the process and the machine didn't balk one bit. I have also found that, with the three blade setup, there's hardly a need to run it at the slower feed rate. I've got some Lacewood and Birdseye I'm waiting on doing with it, in which case I may indeed switch to the lower feed rate. I have mine hooked up to the main DC system and, even after many board feet run through it, the incidental chips it leaves wouldn't fill your shirt pocket! Yes, Dewalt did their homework on this unit and I was real, REAL fortunate in getting it at a steep discount when our local Woodcraft store had their "Tool Show". Quit drooling and put that bad boy in your shop!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!