Thread: drawer box supplier

drawer box supplier

I'm behind schedule on a kitchen job, so I need to purchase drawer boxes rather than build. Anyone know a respectable supplier in the Southeast that they'd recommend?

TIA Bill

I recommend me.

Typically fabricate drawer boxes out of ½" baltic birch with luan bottoms. I go an extra mile and put the bottom in dado's on all 4 sides. My standard drawers are machined with a drawer lock bit but dovetails are available with an upcharge. I can assemble here or ship kd for you to assemble. If you are interested, give me your sizes and I'll quote you pricing both ways less shipping. That is what it is. My zip is 17222 and you can see some of my work as well as the drawer lock joint I use on my website at www.crookedlittletree.com

Ed

I have had 15 or so drawers so far built by CCF Drawers. I ordered samples from a couple places and these guys were the ones that gave me the most bang for the buck.

www.ccfdrawers.com

All my drawers have been 5/8" thick soft maple with plywood bottoms (usually 1/4", but 1/2" on two large drawers), dovetailed, pre-finished, notched and bored for Blum Tandem w/Blumotion slides. They also had the best price on the slides, so I get them from them as well.

Beth there turns the quotes around for me in a reasonable time. The quality isn't hand-cut dovetails, but it is good.

I have several more drawers to order, and I'll definitely get them through them.

Attached are photos of a stack of drawers I ordered as well as a double-decker drawer from them.

Pete
    Attached Images Attached Images

I use Keystone Wood Specialties...they will sell to you if you can provide evidence you're either in the business or otherwise qualified. (They don't do retail) Great quality and good service. I actually buy them knocked down and assemble here. Alleviates the milling time and assembly really isn't all that time consuming.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...