Thread: A few new pens from yesterday *PICS*

A few new pens from yesterday *PICS*

Since Julie is bugging me to post more pen pics ...Here is one, and some links to individual pics of each. L-R: angle-cut canarywood w/ black ash burl and crushed turquoise, not sure of the wood, but crushed turquoise in a punky area that chunked out, Bethlehem olive wood, and spalted maple

http://www.penartists.com/digsgallery/20704b.jpg
    http://www.penartists.com/digsgallery/20704c.jpg
    http://www.penartists.com/digsgallery/20704d.jpg
    http://www.penartists.com/digsgallery/20704e.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Chris Johnson; 02-08-2004 at 12:05 PM.
    Chris 'Digger' Johnson
    "If you work hard enough and long enough to make something "idiot-proof", rest assured that someone will build a better idiot!"

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)
    Very, Very Nice Chris !!!
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high - but so are the rewards" - - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant
    Ken Salisbury Passed away on May 1st, 2008 and will forever be in our hearts.

Thumbs up Thanks

Very BeautifulThey are very pretty. I just knew that you wanted to get out in to the shop and start turning again...

Thanks for Sharing.

Thumbs up

Awesome pens Chris! You do great work.

Bob

Thank you. Coming from the people with the talent exhibited here, that means a lot to me

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Lasley
    Awesome pens Chris! You do great work.

Bob
    Chris 'Digger' Johnson
    "If you work hard enough and long enough to make something "idiot-proof", rest assured that someone will build a better idiot!"

Wink

Chris,

Your craftsmanship is Fantastic.Keep up the great turning!!
    Many Blessings
    Diane Darwesh
    Bethlehem Olivewood
    info@bethlehemolivewood.net
    Our MSN user name is : olivewood@hotmail.com
    Our Yahoo user name is: talkolivewood@yahoo.com
    "Out of the ground, the Lord God made to grow every tree that is pleasant for the sight and good for food, the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil." Genesis 2:9"

Chris,

Those pens are beautiful-
    What kits did you use? And.. What about the pen grip in front of the nib? I really
    like the touch. Are they plastic/rubber material and part of the kit or were they
    turned?

Thanks and good work!
    _Aaron_
    SawmillCreek Administrator

Thank you for the kind words, and I would like to return the compliment by saying that I love your Bethlehem Olivewood blanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Diane Darwesh
    Chris,

Your craftsmanship is Fantastic.Keep up the great turning!!
    Chris 'Digger' Johnson

Thanks Aaron. The kits are CUSA comfort grips. The grip is rubber and is slid onto the tube after parting off the wood. Easy to build, and comfortable. Not my favorite style, but makes a nice pen.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Koehl
    Chris,

Those pens are beautiful-
    What kits did you use? And.. What about the pen grip in front of the nib? I really
    like the touch. Are they plastic/rubber material and part of the kit or were they
    turned?

Thanks and good work!
    Chris 'Digger' Johnson