Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UFO landing - Yeh Right!

UFO landing - Yeh Right!

OK, I know I'll look silly on this one but what the heck.

I went to my parents for the weekend to replace the broken up corrugated fiberglass covering their deck with metal, and some other work around the place before winter.

They are on a rural road with many farms nearby (they have 5 acres and 2 llamas). The road goes another 6-7 miles up the side of a mountain with multi-million dollar homes up top that have views of the water and Victoria, BC in one direction, the Olympic mountains in the other.

Anyway, I was sleeping in the guest room and at 4:30am when awakened by the sound of a vehicle. It was not like a car or truck, but definitely an engine. Sort of a whining to it. Looking toward the side road (private) out the window there was no light at all. It sort of faded away, then started to get louder again so I hopped out of bed. Looking out the window in the dark I still saw nothing and actually looked up as if it might be a UFO taking off!

Later when they were up I asked if they had heard anything strange during the night. My Mom said she had woken up at 4:30 but didn't know why. Aha, I thought, she heard it too.

Then my Dad explained it. The neighbor down the side road gets up at 4am daily. On Sunday he keeps an eye out for the paper delivery, and when it comes he likes to drive his tractor in the dark, down the road to the mailbox to get it.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

You should have known better....the propulsion systems used by star travelers are basically silent to human ears.
    Gary

Man...that's early!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Pelonio View Post
    The neighbor down the side road gets up at 4am daily. On Sunday he keeps an eye out for the paper delivery, and when it comes he likes to drive his tractor in the dark, down the road to the mailbox to get it.
    Getting up at 4am on Sunday to get the paper? Sounds like he may have been taken over by a body-snatcher!

-Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Keedwell View Post
    You should have known better....the propulsion systems used by star travelers are basically silent to human ears.
    Gary
    well who knows about that but I am sure they would not use internal combustion engines since have not found any gas stations in space (G)
    Steve knight
    cnc routing

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Makiel View Post
    Getting up at 4am on Sunday to get the paper? Sounds like he may have been taken over by a body-snatcher!

-Jeff
    Apparently he used to work at a place two hours away and once he got used to getting up that early couldn't break the habit.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

Quote Originally Posted by Steve knight View Post
    well who knows about that but I am sure they would not use internal combustion engines since have not found any gas stations in space (G)
    Just because they haven't found them, doesn't mean they aren't there Besides, their system of travel would be beyond our comprehension.
    Gary

Would that be classified as an Unidentified Farming Object?
    Sorry

Lou
    Procrastination.......

Maybe I'll think about that tomorrow

Nope Lou,

A Tractor Beam.

Per
    "all men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night....wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible."
    T.E. Lawrence

Quote Originally Posted by Lou Morrissette View Post
    Would that be classified as an Unidentified Farming Object?
    Sorry

Lou
    Good one

Blog Entries
    LOU!!!

You just forced me into a spit-take!
    50 lashes with a link belt studded with hex-head machine screws!

2funny!

Greg
    My continuing search for old tools- rusthunter dot com

I know this will probably bring ridicule my way, but my best friend and I saw a UFO in 1966. We were teenagers and were walking home around midnight after visiting a couple of girls who were babysitting.
    We were walking down a hill on a sidewalk when my buddy pointed it out to me. I refused to look up because he was a joker. Anyways when I looked up..there it was. About two telephone poles high, it just hovered there. It was round with a dome on the top. It hovered for awhile then slowly went across the small clearing and over the trees , so we couldn't see it anymore. We lived down the street from a the electric company and it was headed in that direction.
    We went alot of years without talking about it and one day after we both got discharged from the Army we talked about it in a barroom. I haven't seen a UFO since, but was fascinated when "close Encouters of the 3rd kind" came out. Well, that's my story and I'm sticking with it.
    Oh yea, if I didn't see that when I was 16 years old, Iwould not believe they existed, since I'm basically a skeptic.
    Gary

I don't believe it!!!!

You were a teenager in 1966???? Holy Crap!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Engel View Post
    I don't believe it!!!!

You wise guy whippersnapper!!!!!!!
    Your day will come. lol

Maybe the neighbor thinks his tractor is sexy....?

Gary, you a skeptic... who'da known? I believe that's inherent to a New Englander, stoic & skeptic.....

Kinda like my wife telling here sister this weekend to all but ignore me "cause he's the biggest smart _ss". No dear, just the biggest smart _ss in the house

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Engel View Post
    I don't believe it!!!!
    Watch it now, I was 14 in 1966. The year I bought my first car, speaking of UFOs, a 1958 Chrysler for $30.

Sammamish, WA