Thread: Visit With Some Creekers...

Visit With Some Creekers...

My travels had me in the Houston area this week so I took advantage of the geography to visit with Todd Burch and Waymon Campbell. After meeting for some refreshments and food at "Willies" (after a challenging drive in the pouring rain), we headed over to Todd's shop to chat about this and that. You know, Todd's pictures of his work here at SMC are great, but the "real McCoy" in person is awesome...he does great woodworking! As usual, it was a great time and I was glad for the opportunity to visit some more folks out there. Pic below is in Todd's shop beside/behind his lovely home in Katy Texas.

Oh, and a little secret for my SMC friends...Uncle Todd has the necessary stuff to do the "spinny" thing. I suspect he just needs a little encouragement from all the "pushers" to get a little addicted...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

LOL...I see you have your trademark hat on, Jim!

Waymon looks like an offensive lineman compared to you two wide receivers!
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Chris - I think Jim might be a better fullback than wide receiver. The only thing bigger than me in Todd's shop were the two slabs of bubinga.

Seriously though, it was a pleasure to meet a couple of "real" woodworkers. Jim is right about Todd's woodworking skills...awesome. Hey Todd, "you got game!" I surely appreciated the fellowship and the opportunity to ask about a thousand questions.

Thanks Todd for the huge box of pen blanks, they will be well used to support the Freedom Pens Project.

Waymon...

Quote Originally Posted by Waymon Campbell
    ...the two slabs of bubinga...
    I forgot to mention those...oh, my. Big. Very Big. Very, Very Big. Very beautiful. I want some. Will not fit in my shop. Sheesh!
    --

Jim, and Waymon - thank you both for coming over and spending some time shootin' the breeze. I really enjoyed it. Come back anytime!

Hey Todd,

Time to get your Lathe spinning. I've heard that you have a LOT of PEN Blanks!!!

And Jim, YOU have a lathe too, you didn't take any pen blanks home BECAUSE ?........

Sounds like another Great Creeker Visit .

Quote Originally Posted by Julie Wright
    And Jim, YOU have a lathe too, you didn't take any pen blanks home BECAUSE ?........
    Trust me, if I turned pens, I would not be lacking for material.
    --