Thread: Gloat

Gloat

I would never had bought one of these machines except I got it for my best estimation a steal. It is the delta 31-250 18 inch drum sander. I am so excited.. Not much wrong with it that I have found yet. The knob for the feed belt needs to be replaced(Just the little plastic knob) the drive and switch and everything work fine. It needs some adjusting but I tried it as is on some scrap wood and works great!
    Anyone else have this sander and what do you suggest for maintenance, add ons etc? I may add the pnematic drum sander that goes on a shaft outboard of unit. Not sure about that yet. I need to buy some paper for it but what is on it now will work for a time.

Oh I paid $250 from a craiglister.

http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/a...ent=sander.jpg

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a nice day!

I never get this lucky! Its about time!

Oh by the way I also insulated today in the attic space above my garage with free insulation from a insulation company that got it from a hame and could not reuse it. It was the white shredded fiberglass insulation. It had small amounts of the old wool type mixed in but it worked just fine and the price was awesome! (FREE)

Chris
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Christopher Pine; 11-05-2007 at 5:09 PM. Reason: add photo
    "I have worked myself up from nothing to extreme poverty." Groucho Marx
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChrisPineWorkshop

Question Ok Chris~

You by ,the standards and rules of SMC, can not validate a gloat ~ without "pictures" to back the "Gloat claim", oh and by the way , it's official ~ "you suck" ~ nice Gloat!,-LOL. You gota love it when things go the way you hope they will.
    Have a great time with that Chris- and don't forget the pics!
    Brian

Thumbs up Wtg

Way to go! Sweet!
    Nice Gloat CHris!
    Brian

I have two of these same sanders. your going to wan't to get the extention table from delta for this sander it will run you about $60. Also you will always wan't to sand you pieces before you cut the exact lenghts, you will get snipe so this will eliminate you damaging your sticks. Mine have worked awesome and you got a great deal.

Blog Entries
    MAN I thought my BIL gotta good deal for a griz at twice the price. Good job.
    What you listen to is your business....what you hear is ours.

I also have this sander and was curious to hear what others do for maintenance. Which bearings require lubrication and what do you use for lubrication...oil, wax, grease etc??

I heard these sanders really stink. I'll be glad to take it off your hands, no charge for the disposal.

Seriously, nice sander..

I had one for about 8 years (until I upgraded).
    For hobbyist use, you don't have to do any maintenance.
    I recommend getting one of those rubber blocks that are "sandpaper cleaners" and use it after each session. That will really length your sandpaper lifespan.

Also, on the outfeed side, slightly lift your board up as it exits the sander and you will not get snipe.

Don't take off too much at once.

Search the forum for other advice.