Thread: powermatic pm2000..wtb

powermatic pm2000..wtb

Where would be a good place to buy the Powermatic pm 2000. Is amazon th best deal? Or maybe woodcraft? They both have it listed for the same price, but amazon is charging 148.00 shiping, while I would have to pay roughly 137.00 salestax at woodcraft....does mazon run any super savings on this saw anytime? Thanks
    Always remember that you're unique. Just like everyone else.

Call the number listed on www.toolnut.com and ask what they can do for you. They are extremely competetive
    I could cry for the time I've wasted, but thats a waste of time and tears.

I got mine from Timberline Tools. They were by far the best price. Ask to talk to Jeffrey.

http://timberlinetools.com/Default.asp?Redirected=Y

I'd try the sources the other guys mentioned...Amazon deals are pretty much a matter of being on your computer at the right time and jumping on it...their prices fluctuate frequently, and often big dips in price may be online for less than an hour.

BTW, a couple years ago that's how I got my pm2000 52"...~$1900 delivered on a liftgate to my shop. It can be done! But probably only if you're on the computer a lot...

absolutehome.com has free shipping like literally every two weeks. I got free shipping and paid a hundred less base price on the pm2800 drill press this summer. I got my pm2000 from amazon, but paid the 149 in shipping... another option is to go to a woodworking show as close to your home as possible if there are any and get a "show" price - usually a decent discount (not a demo) and you can 'haggle' as well - they might pay your sales tax. this was being offered close by here last weekend, but the prices have gone up since summer. finally, call a dealer in your area and ask if there will be any "xmas sales" coming up. good luck,

I ordered my PM2000 1792000K two weeks ago from amazon.com and it was free shipping. You might want to call and see if they will still honor it. I was skeptical. Fearing a lift gate charge or something, I called their CS. They said they would deliver it and park it in my garage at no charge.

I got the saw about a week after ordering it. Total charge delivered $2,299.99. Powermatic is also giving $100.00 rebate on that saw through 12/31/07.

Look at it this way. The $137 you pay goes to your state for services. Your local Woodcraft makes a little (probably a very little) money, so they'll be around a little longer for you to shop there.

The $148 pays for gas.

Which would you rather pay for?

Kirk

Tools Plus a possibility?

Looks like Tools Plus will offer a 10% discount on this saw over the next 3 days during their "Tool-A-Rama".

Good Deal? Reputable outfit?

Blog Entries
    You might try woodworkers Source. I got mine there.
    What you listen to is your business....what you hear is ours.