Thread: McMaster Carr

Matt Schnurbusch Guest

McMaster Carr

Has anyone here ever used any of the router bits or other tooling from MC.

I used to place all of the PO's for a small prototyping machine shop. Those guys loved the end mill bits from MC. Prices look pretty good on router bits.

Matt

Yes. Have several from MC. I believe they are all Amana brand.

I have been very happy with them and the customer service can't be beat.
    Bill R., somewhere in Maine

I haven't used those bits from McMaster, but it's a fantastic operation and on the up and up all the way around.

Every time I can't find something somewhere else (like bar stock aluminum or steel, or UHMW), I forget wasting my time searching all over the place, and get it there.

They ship faster than anything I've ever seen. If I order in a given day reasonably early in the day, whatever I ordered is on my doorstep the next day (I only live two hours by road from them). That's not exceptional in terms of transit time, but it's exceptional that they get the order out immediately every single time.

Quote Originally Posted by David Weaver View Post
    They ship faster than anything I've ever seen. If I order in a given day reasonably early in the day, whatever I ordered is on my doorstep the next day (I only live two hours by road from them). That's not exceptional in terms of transit time, but it's exceptional that they get the order out immediately every single time.
    McMaster Carr's logistics are unbelievable! If I order something to be shipped to work (downtown Philadelphia) and as long as I order before +- 10:30 am I receive the shipment by 4:00 pm THE SAME DAY!

I would have to agree on their customer service and shipping speed. I needed a strange size of small metal dowels for shelf pins and they not only had an unbelieveable number of sizes for them but they were on my doorstep the next day and a a great shipping rate.

Dave

I have always believed that they have everything on the planet and more importantly, they have it in stock.

They have a new facility in Central New Jersey and it is big. The packaging line is absolutely huge. If you live nearby, you can pick up an order at the Will Call Desk. They cater primarily to industry, but they accept personal orders too.

Grainger is another source for similar equipment, hardware and tools, but their policies on selling to the public are a bit confusing.

-Jeff

Bought from them for years in industry and always had good products and service.
    Procrastination.......

Maybe I'll think about that tomorrow

T-track

I just ordered some t-track from them, good price and was on my door step two days later.