Thread: Delta 14" bandsaw enclosed base dimentions?

Delta 14" bandsaw enclosed base dimentions?

Would someone that has a Delta 14" bandsaw please let me know what the outside dimentions of your enclosed base are. I am building a base for the upper that I purchased and would like for it to be as close as possible to the origional.

Thanks! Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Allen Bookout
    Would someone that has a Delta 14" bandsaw please let me know what the outside dimentions of your enclosed base are. I am building a base for the upper that I purchased and would like for it to be as close as possible to the origional.

Thanks! Allen
    The bottom of the base is 18.5"x21". The sides are set in a bit from there so the top of the base is maybe 3/4-1" smaller both ways.
    Height, I don't know: about a hand-span above my knee. But the base is taller than it needs to be to hold the motor, so you can play with that dimension a bit to get the table height where you want it.

If you want it more accurate than that, you'll have to wait until I get home.

Thanks Lee! allen

Quote Originally Posted by Lee DeRaud
    The bottom of the base is 18.5"x21".
    Before anybody asks me how (or why) I remember that: I just put it together last night. The Jet mobile base is 18x18 minimum...it ended up 3 clicks out one way and snug, and one click out the other and loose.

I was wondering how that you knew that off the top of your head but I was not going to ask. I would not be able to remember twenty miunes later.