Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Led Zeppelin

Led Zeppelin

What a great web site....for us old geezers and Led Zeppelin fans of all ages.
    http://www.led-zeppelin.com/ Turn your sound up.

Gary

Thanks for that, really cool website.

So happens two of the 6 CDs in my truck are LZ. Also, my ringtone is Stairway to Heaven!

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

I just bought the new Robert Plant / Alison Krauss album Raising Sand. Plant still sounds darn good and Alison is superb as always..

Thanks for the link
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Bruce, WXPN in Philadelphia (whom I support) has been playing tracks from that album and it's really wonderful...as well as a very interesting combination.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Bruce, WXPN in Philadelphia (whom I support) has been playing tracks from that album and it's really wonderful...as well as a very interesting combination.
    Jim, it took a couple plays to appreciate it, but I really enjoy it now.
    An unusual collaboration for sure.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

check out iTunes store....they are offering "every album Led ever made for $99)...only down side is you won't be able to do any de-seeding

Truth is this is one band that would make me go back and buy a turn table if they re-released there albums on vinyl.

Back in the stoned days of the early 70's...I often wondered if Zep's albums would still sound good when I got old and sober. Guess what??? They still sound great.
    Gary

Who you calling an old geezer, Oh, must be me...

One of the best bands to "smoke" to....

I listened to Led Zep as a teenager for years.... except that was in the early 90's.
    As one of the local radio stations says in town @ them... "Best band in the history of the sport".
    The fact that they are a subject of a post on a WW sight shows they've endured the test of time. Although I think Jimmy Page's fingers have been on auto pilot for years.... kinda like Keith Richards & BOb Dylans.... LOLOL

Greg

Attention all Zeppelin fans! Tonight VH1 Classics is showing "The Song Remains the Same" at 9pm. Set your DVR's!

Thanks, I just set it!!!

Gary

....rulZ!

Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

It's 9:45 and Jimmy Page has been going full tilt for over 10 minutes solo. Is there a better rock guitarist?

G

I used to have a gigantic Zeppelin poster in my room. Of course, Jimmy and his Les Paul sunburst were prominent on the poster. What's funny is the first time I saw a real Gibson Les Paul. It looked so little! Why? Because Jimmy Page is very small guy.

Seriously, Page must be the size of an Olsen twin. My son is 5' 8" and very thin and he plays a Les Paul. His guitar doesn't look nearly as big it does on Page. In fact, every time I see a Les Paul, I still think it looks smaller than it should be. (And yes, every Gibson Les Paul is the same size.)

It's a testament to the band's longevity that most cities still have a radio station that does a regular "Get the Led Out" spot.

I don't think there's a more quintessential rock singer than Robert Plant. Mick Jagger, Steven Tyler, Roger Daltry? All Plant wannabees