Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Worst borg experience

Blog Entries

Good Borg Experience

I was at the Blue Borg today picking up a few items. I went over to the shelving area (closet type) Thinking I might use something like that for a drying rack for roughed out bowls. Leaning up against the wall was a beat up rack that was around 9' long and 16" wide. I asked a worker what they do with that and he said, "Give some customer a break." He called it in right there, and said $4.00. I said, "Sold."

There is actually about 7 ft of this that is good. But the whole thing is going up... after all it's just going in my shop.

So, a Good Borg experience. (And no, I didn't take a picture of it.) Maybe when it gets hung.
    Have a Nice Day!

Quote Originally Posted by Terre Hooks View Post
    Corns and calluses are one of the three major foot problems in the United States. The other two are foot infections and toenail problems. Corns and calluses affect about 5% of the population.

Corns usually appear on non-weight-bearing areas like the outside of the little toe or the tops of other toes. Women have corns more often than men, probably because women wear high-heeled shoes and other shoes that do not fit properly. Corns have hard cores shaped like inverted pyramids. Sharp pain occurs whenever downward pressure is applied, and a dull ache may be felt at other times.

Calluses occur most often on the heels and balls of the feet, the knees, and the palms of the hands. However, they can develop on any part of the body that is subject to repeated pressure or irritation. Calluses are usually more than an inch wide--larger than corns. They generally don't hurt unless pressure is applied.
    Terre, a small piece of advice:

I doubt that many of us woodworkers are interested in your treatises on corns, callouses, and onions. (And if you're going to expound on callouses, please learn to spell the word.)

Nancy
    Nancy Laird
    Owner - D&N Specialties, Rio Rancho, New Mexico
    Woodworker, turner, laser engraver; RETIRED!
    Lasers - ULS M-20 (20W) & M-360 (40W), Corel X4 and X3
    SMC is user supported. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/donate.php

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Kilroy View Post
    I was in the borg today and watched a customer who spoke very little (if any English) get screamed at by an employee. The employee didn't seem to be angry just couldn't seem to finish a sentence without two or three F words thrown in combined with the typical "we don't speak the same language so I'm going to yell at you" behavior.

I understand when I go into one of these stores that I'm not going to get good service but this seemed over the top. Anyone else have a similar story? I'm curious how typical this type of behavior is.
    In this case, I would have found a manager and informed him or her about the extremely unprofessional and unacceptable behaviour exhibited by the employee and insist that the customer be apologized to. Sometimes you have to stand up for your fellow person.

3 cents... adjusted for fuel surcharges

Dan
    A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish.

Dan,
    You didn't adjust your fuel surcharge high enough. It is now 10 cents and will probably be higher in the morning.
    David B

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Laird View Post

I doubt that many of us woodworkers are interested in your treatises on corns, callouses, and onions. (And if you're going to expound on callouses, please learn to spell the word.)

Nancy
    Maybe his posting was a joke playing on the name of this forum - Off Topic!!

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Two weeks ago I had to rent a power washer from BORG to wash off the front of the house after it got egged. Brought it home, crancked it, and found out that the nozzle was leaking. Drove back to return the unit immediatelly. The associate checked it and agreed that the nozzle was leaking. By that time it was too late to get a replacement so I just returned it and confirmed that there would be no charge. The next day I rented another unit and returned it within 2 hours. Yesterday I get a message on my answering machine from the first guy who rented me a defective unit asking me when I am going to return the power washer and that the running total is now over $600. I called back and reminded him that I returned the power washer back directly to him and rerented one the next day (from another associate). I checked the computer and saw that I did rent one the next day and returned it. Before accusing me of not returning the power washer, why not do a quick inventory of power washers?

Somewhat related story... when I was renting, the associate told me that they offer their rentals for sale. Being curious, I asked the price. This particular power washer had a tire that was flat and falling off and the unit looked pretty abused. The price they were offering it for was $400. I told him to find another sucker.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Henderson View Post
    Maybe his posting was a joke playing on the name of this forum - Off Topic!!

Mike
    I have to side with Nancy. Yes, it is the Off Topic forum but the poster seemed a little disconnected from OP subject. Nancy's reference to onions is Mr. Hook's rather unconventional thread where he seemed to cut and paste a chapter from an agriculture article for no rhyme or reason or explanation.

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Berkovsky View Post
    Two weeks ago I had to rent a power washer from BORG to wash off the front of the house after it got egged. Brought it home, crancked it, and found out that the nozzle was leaking. Drove back to return the unit immediatelly. The associate checked it and agreed that the nozzle was leaking. By that time it was too late to get a replacement so I just returned it and confirmed that there would be no charge. The next day I rented another unit and returned it within 2 hours. Yesterday I get a message on my answering machine from the first guy who rented me a defective unit asking me when I am going to return the power washer and that the running total is now over $600. I called back and reminded him that I returned the power washer back directly to him and rerented one the next day (from another associate). I checked the computer and saw that I did rent one the next day and returned it. Before accusing me of not returning the power washer, why not do a quick inventory of power washers?

Somewhat related story... when I was renting, the associate told me that they offer their rentals for sale. Being curious, I asked the price. This particular power washer had a tire that was flat and falling off and the unit looked pretty abused. The price they were offering it for was $400. I told him to find another sucker.
    Alex,
    How did you make out with the egg removal? That can be real nasty stuff
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Keedwell View Post
    Alex,
    How did you make out with the egg removal? That can be real nasty stuff
    Gary
    The eggs on the front double door was all elbow grease and took a while. On the porch and brick walls the power washer did the trick. I know who was responsible for egging my house and the kid's father payed for the power washer rental. The smell of the rotten eggs lasted for a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Mages View Post
    In this case, I would have found a manager and informed him or her about the extremely unprofessional and unacceptable behaviour exhibited by the employee and insist that the customer be apologized to. Sometimes you have to stand up for your fellow person.

3 cents... adjusted for fuel surcharges

Dan
    Dan

Thank you for restoring my faith in mankind. I would have done the same thing, and recently did in a Tractor Supply store.
    There is no reason for a clerk to verbally abuse a customer. The clerk should have just walked away and got the manager. Same when the tables are turned.

I think we all need to reevaluate our expectations with respect to home center stores.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Keedwell View Post
    I have to side with Nancy. Yes, it is the Off Topic forum but the poster seemed a little disconnected from OP subject. Nancy's reference to onions is Mr. Hook's rather unconventional thread where he seemed to cut and paste a chapter from an agriculture article for no rhyme or reason or explanation.

Gary

My posting was an attempt at humor, perhaps a poor attempt. I should have put some smiley faces on it to better convey that.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim O'Dell View Post
    I just don't see those problems. Of course, I usually know what I'm looking for and where to find it. A lot of time, I spend looking around because I have an idea in my head, and I'm looking for the parts that will make it happen. There are several of the associates at my favorite HD that I know I can count on, and are always helpful to point me the right direction if I don't know where something is. I just don't see the problems that most of you talk about. Guess I'm just lucky, or have really low expectations. Jim.
    Jim....thank God! I thought I was alone in this situation. Maybe we should count our blessings or just think we are lucky. Like you, I pretty much know the layout of my local HD and rarely, if ever, need assistance to find what it is I'm after. Those times that I did seek assistance, I found it and I found someone with answers, some nice back and forth chatter and even some practical advise here and there. Until the time I see a wholesale change in my experiences at the local HD, I won't be a lemming and simply jump on the "Let's trash the Borgs" bandwagon.
    Last edited by Fred Voorhees; 11-14-2007 at 5:42 PM.
    There's one in every crowd......and it's usually me!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Henderson View Post
    My posting was an attempt at humor, perhaps a poor attempt. I should have put some smiley faces on it to better convey that.

Mike
    Guess I read it wrong....must of been those exclamation points.

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Laird View Post

Nancy
    It would appear to me that not only your response, but the attachment you posted would be a violation of the terms of service? Since when are you the SMC police, and what qualifies you to dispense advice? Sheesh.

Not trying to stir the pot, but there are two similar words - from the American Heritage Dictionary:

USAGE NOTE: Do not confuse the adjective callous, as in Years of dealing with criminals had left her callous, with the noun callus, as in I have a callus on my thumb. The verbs callous and callus mean respectively “to make or become callous” and “to form or develop hardened tissue.”

And yeah, the posts WERE about as off-topic as you could get; but that's the name of the forum - to each his own Steve