Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Green Bay Packers

Green Bay Packers

Another great day of football! Can anyone argue with the fact that Brett Favre is so much fun to watch! How about this young team pulling together to give us fans quite the show!

I will be at Lambeau Field this coming Sunday for the Carolina game...the crowd is as much fun as the game on the field. Packer fans are the greatest...win or loose we still have a great day! No playoff predictions yet...but it sure gets cold in Green Bay in December and January

Sincerely,
    Phyllis

Imagine that...yellow and green smilies...another hardcore cheesehead... (closest smilies to blue and white).

Although, my ponies went through a thunderstorm...

Jason
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

Enjoy the game and some tailgating. I have yet to make it to a game there, even though I grew up in WI.

Green and gold with envy Go Packers!!
    -------------

"Just a little bit of a curve will add to its fondleability." - John H.

I just feel bad for the Vikes. Up till now I would think they should have been at least 6-2 based on what has happened in thier games. However.. They are playing as predicted. they need a lifetime QB and at least 1 receiver.

As to the Packers. yes, I think they have the best and least fickle fans. Minnesota fans are tired of perrenial losers. So in closing I can only properly say.. Packers Suck.. !!
    A cookie in each hand is a balanced diet.

My next tool will be the last tool I ever need!

Phyllis......A long time ago in another world, I was a manager for a company and had several accounts in the GB area and an engineer working for me there. The one time I visited GB was in December. The guy took me by Lambeau field. We got out and looked around for about 5 minutes. Now mind you, I was raised in Illinois, Colorado, Wyoming and Utah. I thought I knew what cold was......but in the wind and the temps......I was dressed for it that day.............And until you've stood there feeling it.......WOW!

PS I played HS football in the snow but......that cold there in GB was something else!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Go Pack Go!!

I've been a fan since I met Lynn Dickey at a alumni game at Kansas St. when I was in first grade....lots of long seasons...Glad Brett is haveing a great season in what could be his last.

I spent my last spring break in college (awhile ago) in Green Bay. I convinced my girlfriend, now wife, that it was a good thing to do!!! One day it was 25 degrees when we woke up. A friend called my girlfriend, now wife,and said she was sitting on a beach in FL in 80 degree weather. She said, "Yeah, but have been to the Packer Hall of Fame?" Did I mention she is now my wife? I knew she was a keeper!!

There is no stadium that looks better on TV than Lambeau Field. One can only imagine what it is like to sit inside the stadium during a game.

Brett Favre brings so much joy to the game. Not only is he a great QB, but the style he brings onto the field is simply unmatched by any current QB. Sure the young guns are efficient, focused, driven and pretty successful. But I'll take #4 any time, any place over the rest. His passion for the game is contagious.

And hopefully we now have a RB that'll keep the defense honest. Good solid receiving corps, a running game and a good defense. Starting to think this team could make some noise.

I wonder how Brady or Manning would have fared with this Packers team? Would they have it at 8-1?

Hope you enjoy the game Phyllis. I had the pleasure of watching a game in person last year. It was a losing game, but I don't think anyone left the stadium before the final seconds ticked off the clock. The best fans anywhere. Of course, it's also the only team that is owned by the fans.

And yes Ken, there is a sensation that comes from just being on the grounds. While it's not the oldest stadium, I think it's one of the most recognized and one of the very few, that most people would consider one of the shrines to football.

It will truly be a sad day when Brett decides to hang up his cleats. There are very few playing the game with as much enthusiasm as he has after 17 years and 38 years old. Hopefully, someone will come along, after Brett retires, that will enjoy the game for what it is......a game.

"GO PACK"
    Karl
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

Yep, the old timers are on the way out. But I think the newer guys will fill the void.
    Go Pats
    Like Tom "terrific" Brady

Enjoy the game Phyliss. I think this year has exceeded expectations for many of us fans. It's fun watching the good Favre of old still playing better than most QBs and can put those in their place who said he should've retired a few years ago.

I never saw a game in Lambeau but did go to training camp as a kid (the lean years) and was able to take my boys after their SuperBowl 31 victory. Great atmosphere and I have yet to see as many dedicated fans living anywhere else.

We'll enjoy the ride while we can.

Mark Patoka
    Stafford, VA

Blog Entries

Prediction

I will go out on a limb here and predict that those going to the Super Bowl will be:

NFC ---> Packers
    AFC ---> Steelers

Winner ---> Steelers

This is just a logical look at what has been happening this year. My team is Cincinnati Bengals (die hard... I know). So it's not some bias thing. I just don't think the patriots will be able to handle the Steelers defense. I will say that whoever wins the AFC will take the Super Bowl.
    Have a Nice Day!

Anchor, I expected more out of the Vikings this last wekend, at least enough to be televised. I was really disapointed when Fox pulled the game off the air (here) at 27-0, and swiched to the Redskins.
    -------------

"Just a little bit of a curve will add to its fondleability." - John H.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Lanier View Post
    I will go out on a limb here and predict that those going to the Super Bowl will be:

NFC ---> Packers
    AFC ---> Steelers

Winner ---> Steelers

This is just a logical look at what has been happening this year. My team is Cincinnati Bengals (die hard... I know). So it's not some bias thing. I just don't think the patriots will be able to handle the Steelers defense. I will say that whoever wins the AFC will take the Super Bowl.
    Yup.....That will be New England. Win-16 Lose-0

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Keedwell View Post
    Yup.....That will be New England. Win-16 Lose-0
    I did say that the patriots won't be able to handle Steelers defense....
    Have a Nice Day!

Jon......the sad part is Gary will hit the ground and deflate like the Hindenburg when it goes 15 - 1 . So what do you think......a big red star by their name in the record book this year?
    Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 11-13-2007 at 10:43 AM.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....