Thread: GRR-RIpper DVD Comments. Looking for suggestions...

GRR-RIpper DVD Comments. Looking for suggestions...

Hello everyone.

I know that many of you purchased the GRR-Ripper systems during that bulk buy that Sawmill Creek put together here. From the comments I am seeing, many of you have also seen the DVD and learned a lot about the GRR-Ripper system and how to really take advantage of it.

As our company produced that DVD for Micro Jig, I would like to intrude on you if I may, and ask for your suggestions. As you could tell, there were a lot of people involved in the production of the DVD as well as the demonstrations. While we hoped that the DVD would greatly enhance your experiences with the GRR-Ripper system, we do not know if we accomplished it.

Do you feel that the DVD greatly added to the value of the GRR-Ripper system for you?

Do you think that, after viewing the DVD, you have shortend the learning curve of using the GRR-Ripper?

Is there anything else we should have put on the DVD?

Is there something there that didn't really contribute to the DVDs value?

As we produce more of these DVDs for not only Micro Jig, but other companies as well, we want to make sure they are viewed as a truly valuable asset to the customer - you. If we are not delivering on that goal, then I certainly want to make improvements so that you get the best possible value.

Thanks for your time (and responses).

Chris DeHut

Quote Originally Posted by Chris DeHut
    Hello everyone.

1. Do you feel that the DVD greatly added to the value of the GRR-Ripper system for you?

2. Do you think that, after viewing the DVD, you have shortend the learning curve of using the GRR-Ripper?

3. Is there anything else we should have put on the DVD?

4. Is there something there that didn't really contribute to the DVDs value?

Thanks for your time (and responses).

Chris DeHut
    Hey Chris....really like the GRRipper and the DVD. Answers to your questions:

1. YES....The DVD made assembly easier to understand, show how to use it with effectiveness and versatility.

2. YES.....By viewing the DVD TWICE....I was able to get a grasp of most every aspect and use of the GRRipper and all safety aspects while using the tool. By you showing how this one accessory was used on various tools and pointing out the safety features and safe usage of the accessory.....was greatly appreciated. Even LOML like the DVD.

3. I believe that you included all you really needed to include on the DVD. Shoot, you covered about everything possible and that was enough to digest and get started.

4. No.....All content was good, accurate and clear. Well done in my book.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Chris,
    I believe there was a significant reduction in my learning curve after watching the DVD. It was professionally done and covered more than I could have thought of myself in months. After watching it I realized I could better utilize the system with 2 GRR-Rippers.

I recommend that anyone who buys a GRR-Ripper System buys the DVD. It’s worth much more than the money charged.
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

Smile

Chirs, we really appreciate the chance to give feedback. Too many companies just put the product out there and are not interested in any followup after the sale.

Ditto to all the comments about the dvd-very well done-good job! I wish all the companies made a dvd for the initial setup of the tool. I have vhs tapes for my rbi hawk, jet 13" planer, and Minimax 16 bs. They are good but your dvd is by far the best. I have to say though that is because it is on the dvd with the menu feature. Very well organized as well. Who wants to watch a whole tape for just one section?

Suggestions? Yeah, I have one. How about a discount for all who bought only 1 and now want a 2nd one? And, er uh, how do I order another one?

Stan
    Project Salvager

The key to the gateway of wisdom is to know that you don't know.______Stan Smith

Discounts?

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Smith
    Chirs, we really appreciate the chance to give feedback. Too many companies just put the product out there and are not interested in any followup after the sale.

Ditto to all the comments about the dvd-very well done-good job! I wish all the companies made a dvd for the initial setup of the tool. I have vhs tapes for my rbi hawk, jet 13" planer, and Minimax 16 bs. They are good but your dvd is by far the best. I have to say though that is because it is on the dvd with the menu feature. Very well organized as well. Who wants to watch a whole tape for just one section?

Suggestions? Yeah, I have one. How about a discount for all who bought only 1 and now want a 2nd one? And, er uh, how do I order another one?

Stan
    Hi Stan,

While we do sell the GRR-Rippers on our site ( www.woodworkingathome.com ), I cannot offer up the discount like Micro Jig did for the bulk buy.

Thank you ( and the other fellows too) very much for the feedback though. Having been in business for nearly 15 years, I have learned that the "old values" of doing business are much better than the "current values" most other companies follow. Listening to the customers (good or bad comments) is how a company should do things and then make corrections as needed. For me, that makes being in business enjoyable!

Chris

The only problem I had was not having a DVD player. We're still using VCR's I had to go to a friends house to view the DVD. I sure would have like to have a VCR tape of this to play in the VCR in my shop.

You did a great job.
    I usually find it much easier to be wrong once in while than to try to be perfect.

My web page has a pop up. It is a free site, just close the pop up on the right side of the screen

Love the DVD and the Gripper

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Leetch
    The only problem I had was not having a DVD player. We're still using VCR's I had to go to a friends house to view the DVD. I sure would have like to have a VCR tape of this to play in the VCR in my shop.

You did a great job.
    Bart- I've seen DVD players for as little as $49- maybe less, so you may want to invest in one, for watching the gripper video if nothng else! Actually, if you rent movies, they are MUCH better and easier on DVD and there are many more goodies on the DVD version.

Chris- The DVD was a big help.

One thing- it woudl be cool if MicroJig would ship one black handle version and one yellow handle version when you buy two! That way you coudl keep track of which was set up one way or another.

The camera work was great and everythign was well explained.

I'll probably be ordering the little spliter as well, since I now understand how it is installed.

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Chris,
    Very well done. When I opened the box and saw all those small parts, I about ....! I didn't even attempt assembly until after the video. Very simple with the DVD.
    Only complaint was I couldn't quite get a fix on your DC system. I think, (knowing this crowd) a shop tour would be in order.

Great Deal.
    Last edited by Tyler Howell; 02-12-2004 at 5:51 PM.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Did you say shop tour?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Howell
    Chris,
    Very well done. When I opened the box and saw all those small parts, I about ....! I didn't even attempt assembly until after the video. Very simple with the DVD.
    Only complaint was I couldn't quite get a fix on your DC system. I think, (knowing this crowd) a shop tour would be in order.

Great Deal.
    Actually, that shop is the one where our magazine, Woodworking at Home is filmed in. In issue #6 we did a tour of our shop along with about 5 others. Lot's of interesting details that can be picked up just by walking through a shop!

Chris

Chris,

I'd had the GRR-Ripper for about a year before Henry was kind enough to send a copy of the DVD.

I'm not sure there was that much that was new after watching all the materials on Microjig's website (though there was definitely some that was both new and of substance).

But I felt overall that that DVD did a really nice job of making all the sometimes fragmented info about using the product accessible and coherent.

As WW DVDs go, it's definitely among the best I've seen. I especially liked that you had different people covering different aspects of it - rounded it out nicely.

So, keep it up.

- Ed

MicroJig DVD

Chris,

I would like to see an option to view the whole shebang without going back to the menu and having to select each section individually. If the menu had this type of option I missed it.

I like the menu for reviewing each section but at least on the first run I would like to just sit back and see the whole show without having the interruptions.

Ditto to what Kieth posted @ 3:59 AM
    Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone.
    Don

Ditto to what Kieth posted
    I usually find it much easier to be wrong once in while than to try to be perfect.

My web page has a pop up. It is a free site, just close the pop up on the right side of the screen

Chris,

I think I caught you flipping me off a couple time reeeeeaaaalllll fast as you point various aspects out in the video! Keith makes a good point categorizing the various sections of the DVD. Overall, I really enjoyed the DVD...very nice work.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.