Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amazon fell on their rumps today!!!!!

Amazon fell on their rumps today!!!!!

I just received a package containing a 30 piece Bessey BTB30 bar clamp set from Amazon. I unpacked them and found that the box contained only 14 clamps. In fact, the box wasn't big enough to hold 30 clamps although it was correctly labled in every way. It was bulging with the 14 it had. They were well packed and in good shape for what was there. I called Amazon and was told they would expedite out a new set and to send the 14 clamps back. Now I'm stuck dragging this package somewhere to send it back. I offered to buy the set, at a possibly reduced price to save the return shipping and dragging around this 38lbs package. He said he couldn't find the set on the website and had no idea what it would cost and just send it back. UGHHHH!!!!
    Some days you bite the bear, today the bear bit me... Darn!!!!!
    All I wanted was what I paid for....
    Suggestions...?????????
    If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.

Charge them shipping and handling!

Take this for what it is worth, but if you are sent something you did not order you are not obligated to return it or pay for it. I would talk to a supervisor and try and work out a "fair price". If that does not work I would tell them they can come pick them up at there expense.
    America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great.
    Alexis de Tocqueville

You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    C. S. Lewis

What I have done when Amazon (or their suppliers) messes up is contact them, they will call back ( although it may take some patience on your part since you most likely will be speaking to some very polite person in India or the Philippines) explain that you will hold onto what you received until the correct order arrives. Then have them issue a "pick up" order. Ups will come to your house. This is at No Charge to you.
    This has happened to me a couple of times recently.
    Robert

When I had to return my Rousseau 2600 because it was damaged to Amazon, all I had to do was print a sticker and put the package outside my front door. UPS picked it up and shipped it for free back to Amazon.

Robert and Keith are correct. Make Amazon have the package picked up from you at their cost.
    Don Bullock
    Woebgon Bassets
    AKC Championss

The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.
    -- Edward John Phelps

Amazon has also picked up a table saw portable base which was damaged, I just set it by the door and ups got it, new one arrived the next day. Get to customer service or a supervisor. Matt

Tell them you want them to issue a "Call Tag" to have it picked up. That's what UPS calls it, but FedEx probably has another term for it. Their foul up should be their inconvenience to arrange the pickup at your door.
    Use the fence Luke

Quote Originally Posted by James Phillips View Post
    Take this for what it is worth, but if you are sent something you did not order you are not obligated to return it or pay for it.
    I don't think that is true when honest mistakes have been made, especially when you've initiated the transaction. I think it only works when someone fraudulently ships items to you out of the blue, and then tries to collect a fee for them.

They have to pay for the return shipping not you. I would never pay to ship back an error by a company.

Demand what you paid for and ask them how they would like to have the other item returned at their cost. They can mail you a postage paid label, or probably choose to have you just keep it as it often costs them more to even mess with it.

My 2 cents.
    One good turn deserves another

11. E-mail Jeff Bezos

I had a terrible experience from Amazon. I purchased a DeWalt scroll saw stand and lamp. It was a nightmare. I finally fired off an e-mail to Jeff Bezos and it was taken care of the next day. In addition, I got the entire purchase for 1/2 price. This was AFTER they matched the sale price that Grizzly had it for sale. All I can say is that if Amazon carries it I'll buy from them. The problem is at the time I made my purchase they were outsourcing customer service ( India I believe) I don't have a problem with that, however the problem arises when cs wants to keep the problem in house. I think a thoughtful e-mail to Jeff Bezos explaining the problem and how cs wants to resolve it will get a logical solution. Amazon wants to keep the customers coming back. Bezos is aware that they will make a heck of alot more money on future purchases then offending a customer over a single order.

Don't do anything yet Ken!

I ordered the same set of clamps a few months back. They come packed in two boxes. One of the boxes is longer to accomodate the longer clamps. The box you received has a Bessey label on it, correct? Amazon isn't packing these into larger boxes and you know Bessey didn't get it wrong.

I'd pull up the tracking info to double check if there is another box associated with the tracking number. My guess is that the second box (with the same tracking number) will show up tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by David Axmann View Post
    Don't do anything yet Ken!

I ordered the same set of clamps a few months back. They come packed in two boxes. One of the boxes is longer to accomodate the longer clamps. The box you received has a Bessey label on it, correct? Amazon isn't packing these into larger boxes and you know Bessey didn't get it wrong.

I'd pull up the tracking info to double check if there is another box associated with the tracking number. My guess is that the second box (with the same tracking number) will show up tomorrow.
    That's what I was thinking. But if not, just go to returns on the website and print a prepaid return label.
    Shawn.

More specifically I think you received box 2 of 2. Mine are still boxed up in the garage (hoping to finish my workshop by Christmas). On the end of each box is a sticker showing BTB30 box 1 of 2 or 2 of 2. My box 2 of 2 shows it contains 6 of one size, 4 of another and 4 of another = 14 clamps.

wow, I really think that you are jumping the gun in blaming Amazon. They have one of the better systems for returning orders. Did you even check out their RETURNS website information? When I have received damaged goods, it has been incredibly easy to arrange for a return shipment; just print out a label and put the thing on your door step, and UPS will stop by and pick it up.

Click on the "RETURN AN ITEM" link at the bottom of EVERY page, and it should walk you through the process. You don't have to talk to CS in India for this one. The website will give you an option for you dropping it off or UPS picking it up.

But you might want to wait for that next box to show up instead...

-----------------------------------------------
    Straight from their "Return Policy" page:
    ...We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.)...If you need to return an item, our online Returns Center will guide you through the returns process and provide you with a printable return shipping label...
    Last edited by Tim Marks; 11-15-2007 at 8:00 AM.