Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Show me your miter saw bench

This is the actual. It has drawers on both sides, since it is so deep.
    Attached Images Attached Images

This is the chopsaw station I built a few years go. Fairly portable and works well when I need it

Wow!

Now thats what im talking about!

portable and recessed! ingenious!!!

VERY NICE!

v/r

dan

I described mine in the following earlier thread:

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...63544#poststop

Cary

I was contemplating how I would put one together when I redo the shop. Thanks for a lot of great ideas, but now my brain hurts from such a wide variety to consider .
    I know it was here a minute ago ???

Thanks Frank. It has worked out pretty well, but I tend to really spread out when working on a project, and many times I have to move a ton of crap out of the way in order to access those small drawers. But I'd rather have it that way than not utilize the wasted space.
    J D Thomas
    ThomaStudios

Keith,
    The basic dimensions of the box are 6ft. wide, 24in. high, 30in. deep, then it sits on 4x4 with casters, It's about 35in. high to the level that the saw sits on. The wings are about 14-16 inches and they bolt on. Hope that helps. Like I said, I wish I had off set the saw to the right for more bed, but it does work pretty well. I keep forgetting to get you exact measurements, sorry.
    Jim

Nice stations guys, with a particular shout-out to J D - your station is gorgeous and inspirational. I never would have thought of elevating the legs rather than lowering the saw, nor to use the elevated leg space for drawers/storage. I currently have mine dropped like most the others but its my basic 10" chopsaw, while I use my Hitachi dual slide in the field. I've always wondered how I could set the station up to swap out between the 2 as I have limited back space for the slider, but you've just solved my problem. Thanks, I'll be sure to post pics once I've flattered you with imitation.

Quote Originally Posted by J D Thomas View Post
    Thanks Frank. It has worked out pretty well, but I tend to really spread out when working on a project, and many times I have to move a ton of crap out of the way in order to access those small drawers. But I'd rather have it that way than not utilize the wasted space.
    JD, i'm just as guilty of leaning junk up against my shop cabinets and then wondering why it takes so much effort just to get a screwdriver out!

Thanks for the comments Todd. Actually I think there might be an advantage to lowering the saw: a potentially flat work surface to either side of the mitersaw. That might be better for some; depends on one's own preference. If I were doing it all over again, I would seriously consider designing the workstation that way. But as it is, I am happy with the way this turned out. Now to get going on the upper cabinets.
    J D Thomas
    ThomaStudios