Thread: 20% off Hitachi - Miter Saw Deals

20% off Hitachi - Miter Saw Deals

Amazon has 20% off all Hitachi orders over $299. Deal is automatic at check out and creates some nice mitersaw deals:

Hitachi C10FSB 12 Amp 10-Inch Dual Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw - $352 and includes rebate for M12VC 2-1/4 HP Variable Speed Router

http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.ht...&creative=9325

--
    Hitachi C10FSH 10-Inch Sliding Compound Miter Saw with Laser - $359 and includes rebate for M12VC 2-1/4 HP Variable Speed Router

--

Hitachi C12LSH 15 Amp 12-Inch Dual Bevel Sliding Compound Miter saw with Laser Guide and Digital Bevel Display - $480 with free Freud blade (see link in middle of page) and includes rebate for M12VC 2-1/4 HP Variable Speed Router

Chris:

Thanks! Just ordered the C10FSH with the Hitachi stand and a Forrest Chopmaster - all told, over $200 in discounts (Amazon is offering a $70 discount on the Hitachi UU610CZ 12' Miter Saw Stand when purchased with a qualifying saw).

I've been eyeing that saw for a while; the additional discount gave me the push I needed.

Chris,

Keep up the good work! I don't need anything this time around, but you sure helped me out on one of your Amazon Alerts for 45% off. Thanks again!

RC

Can you guys please tell me if you are ordering over the net or by phone? I called Amazon and was told that the 20% only applies on accessories, not on the saw itself. That's what the text in the ad says, too. I tried this once before, based on posts on sawmill, and got the same reply.

Tks
    Grant
    Ottawa ON

Quote Originally Posted by Grant Wilkinson View Post
    Can you guys please tell me if you are ordering over the net or by phone? I called Amazon and was told that the 20% only applies on accessories, not on the saw itself. That's what the text in the ad says, too. I tried this once before, based on posts on sawmill, and got the same reply.

Tks
    From Amazon site.

"
    Special Offers and Product Promotions
    • Receive a 20% instant discount on a power tool accessory of your choice when you purchase 1 or more qualifying power tools offered by Amazon.com. Here's how (restrictions apply)
    • Spend at least $299 on Hitachi tools offered by Amazon.com and at checkout we'll take an extra 20% off the Amazon.com price of those tools. Here's how (restrictions apply) "

Did you try to order at least $299 in Hitachi tools?
    Al

Via the web. You can combine discounts. I bought the C10FSH, the UU610CZ stand, and the right-side fence. Amazon combined the 20% off Hitachi deal with a promo on the stand ($70 off if purchased with a miter saw). Looks like the stand promo is over; however, they're offering an additional 20% off any power tool accessory when purchased with a power tool. If you buy a lot of stuff thru Amazon, check out their "Prime" deal: For $75/yr, you get free 2-day shipping on most of the stuff they sell. As shipping on my order was going to be north of $120, it's kind of a no-brainer...

This is my first post so hi.
    What do you guys think of the laser? is it worth it or is it just unnecessary bells and whistles?
    And the prime thing....at one time you could sign up for a free trial and receive the benefits without paying for it. Not sure if you can still do that. then after 6 months or so it expires.

Thanks much, guys. Got it!
    Grant
    Ottawa ON

Randy:

Re Prime: It's actually $79/yr (my bad). They give you a month free; after that, the full year's membership cost is automatically charged to the CC of record. If you buy lots of stuff (or heavy, high ship cost stuff) from Amazon (and have the "Instant Gratification" gene, which won't let you wait on cheaper ground shipments...), it's worth it.

What I saved on this one shipment more than paid for the membership. As I buy from them fairly frequently, it'll end up saving me money in the long run.

YMMV...

Smile hitachi 12 inch slider

just wondering if anyone has one of these saws and how well they like it thank you.

i was reading some of the reviews on amazon and the saw seems to be generally well liked. a couple of guys said its not accurate enough. i am also interested to hear what some owners here have to say.