Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Outfeed Table Plans & Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    There is a free plan on my web site for a folding outfeed table system that is just fine with regard to mobility. Many folks have built it or adaptations of it over the years.
    +1 for Jim's design. I built his outfeed table and attached it to my 1956 Unisaw. It works great. It is the best design I've seen if you want something that is attached to the saw and allows for easy mobility.

I sold the designs for a jacking out feed table to Wood Magazine. It is in issue 178. Here is the video of it - I have been happy with the design thus far and I have used it one form or another for a few years.

http://link.brightcove.com/services/...ctid1078950624

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Norri View Post
    I sold the designs for a jacking out feed table to Wood Magazine. It is in issue 178. Here is the video of it - I have been happy with the design thus far and I have used it one form or another for a few years.

Great videos in that link, Jeff! Thanks for sharing.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Clever idea Jeff.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Thanks - I like any idea that buys me new tools!
    Last edited by Jeff Norri; 11-19-2007 at 9:44 PM.

Thats a great outfeed table. I found that issue and am going to make that my first real project (other than some 2 x 4 work benches).

But I do have a question Do I have to use Maple or can I use oak ( from home depot) or maybe even pine. I don't know if Maple is cheaper where you are and thats why you use it, well that and its a hard wood.
    I really like your design and can't wait to try to start it in the next few weeks.
    Jeff

i made this outfeed table from plans i found in a woodsmith issue earlier this year. the table is held up by a pair of heavy duty 16" locking/releasing shelf brackets. you just press a lever to drop the table down, and then lift it back up to open it. the frame is made of 2" thick ash and the table from two 1/2" sheets of baltic birch. i modified the frame to make it sturdier, added walnut trim, and enlarged the table size (30 x 52"). its not fancy but its built like a tank and can function as an auxillary work bench. my previous table had fold down legs and was kind of a pain in the butt to operate, and the legs got in the way of sweeping and moving the saw. i like this design much better.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Love that table.I realy love the mobil wheel set-up.Wish I would of saw that idea before I put wheels on my workbench
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Norri View Post

Measure twice and cut once and swear three times

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    There is a free plan on my web site for a folding outfeed table system that is just fine with regard to mobility. Many folks have built it or adaptations of it over the years.
    Count me in on one of those who have adapted Jims plans to use on my contractors saw. It has been a major addition to my shop. I am just about to part with it soon because a new saw is in the offing shortly so I will have to "adapt" again soon.
    There's one in every crowd......and it's usually me!

10. Matt,
    I visited your link/thread and really like the idea of being able to use the Beis fence and measuring tape to set the fence. You have the advantage of using the tape for graduated passes, for example when making multiple passes on a raised panel. I see ingenuity at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meiser View Post
    I built this one which just clamps to my back rail. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...hlight=outfeed
    "Fine is the artist who loves his tools as well as his work."

The Wood Whisperer makes Norm's outfeed table. Episode 30.
    http://thewoodwhisperer.com/
    I made Jim becker's table and turned out well.
    Last edited by Brian Penning; 01-14-2008 at 7:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Feeser View Post
    Matt,
    I visited your link/thread and really like the idea of being able to use the Beis fence and measuring tape to set the fence. You have the advantage of using the tape for graduated passes, for example when making multiple passes on a raised panel. I see ingenuity at work.
    You could, but I don't. I was just making a bunch of raised panels last night. I got everything set up exactly for the final pass, then loosened the clamps and put spacers between the fences and made a pass on all the panels. Then I took out that spacer and put in a very thin spacer and made another pass. Finally I made a pass with no spacers.