Thread: Omaha/Lincoln Nebraska Woodworkers.....

Omaha/Lincoln Nebraska Woodworkers.....

I just moved in from Georgia and am looking for some places to pick up some nice hardwood and varieties of ply.

I know of Midwest woodworkers........not much more.

Thanks in advance!

Let's see~~Georgia to Nebraska??? You either like a cooler climate or know your steak

Bruce
    Epilog TT 35W, 2 LMI SE225CV's
    CorelDraw 4 through 11
    CarveWright
    paper and pencils

There is Hardwood heaven in Lincoln. They used to have a location in Omaha, but closed it last year. For hardwood (no tools) there is Integrity Hardwood in Omaha but you dont get to pick and choose anymore. You call with your quantity and species and they pull it for you. If you want to pick your own and are buying a fairly large quantity to make it worth you trip, there is a place called Dunham Hardwoods in Dunlap Iowa. Its about an hour from Omaha. Also, keep an eye on the Omaha World Herald classified's, every so often there is someone selling various hardwoods of home harvested, air dried lumber. Usuall at pretty good prices. By the way, the local woodworking tool stores that we do have make it very tempting to buy online. Both Hardwood Heaven and Midwest Woodworkers are lacking in their human contact skills (jerks).

Brian

It's disappointing for a city the size of Omaha to have such few options.

I have no desire to "order" hardwood locally without getting to look at it before buying. That's just poor.

Big Red Sawmill and Hardwood, Palmyra, NE. That is on HWY 2 east of Lincoln. Locally grown wood, kiln dried or green, rough sawn, very reasonable prices. Hardwood Heaven closed a few months ago. Lincoln Hardwood and Tool Co on west South St. took some of their business but seems rather pricey to me. Contact me if you like, 402-269-2208
    Last edited by Roger Newby; 11-22-2007 at 5:21 PM.

Your best bet for a one stop shop for your list is Intermountain Wood Products in SW Omaha. They have a wide range of hardwood as well as plywood. I have bought quite a bit of lumber and ply over the past three years from them. Never any huge quantities but they always seem to appreciate my business treat me very well. The quality and the price has been excellent with everything I have got from them. Just to warn you they are more of a distributor then a retail store but are the absolute nicest bunch of people there you will find to work with.

Craig

Blog Entries
    I have always really liked the folks at Midwest Woodworkers, they have always been very helpful with me. I make a point to stop whenever I'm in town.

bump.....just to see if there is anyone else in the region who missed the thread the first time around............