Thread: Delta Bandsaw - No Iturra Dust Collection

Angry Delta Bandsaw - No Iturra Dust Collection

I am trying to control dust on my Delta 28-276 - I found the *precise* answer I was looking for on this thread:
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=5064 - Daniel at 11-28-2003, 4:28 PM describes *exactly* what I was looking for. *BUT* I called Iturra and they said the dust port is no longer manufactured - their supplier stopped making them way back in February. That is nearly a year now and they still have no replacement supplier.

Can anyone tell me if there are other suppliers out there making a dust port the same as or similar to this one, or failing which, can anyone send me or post some more pictures of this no longer available item? Does anyone have any templates they can share of the own design?

The reason I particularly like this dust port is it seemingly brushes both the back and the front of the blade *before* the dust gets spun around by the lower tire.

Any ideas anyone?

regards
    Malcolm

Malcolm,
    Try calling Highland Hardware. If you don't find it, try this as an alternate solution.

It is a Delta ! Part number 50-239

Turns out it is a Delta - part number 50-239. Once I knew that I simply drove down to the local Delta Service center and picked one up.

Thanks Alex for your reply.

regards
    Malcolm

...Jim Becker mentioned the Delta part number in the very first reply to the thread your referenced!

Let us know how it works for you....
    Women are like phones. They love to be held and talked to, but if you press the wrong buttons you'll get disconnected!

Life is one fool thing after another whereas love is two fool things after each other