Thread: Induction motor help

Induction motor help

I have an old heater blower I would like to use to build an air cleaner for my shop. The motor has no capacitors and only one red and one white wire. It is a 1725 rpm 110v 3.5amp motor. Can anyone tell me what I need to do to get the motor to run.

Thanks
    Curtis

Seems like white to the neutral and the red to the hot. Make sure you do an amp check after building your air cleaner to ensure there is enough static pressure on the system to keep the motor from overloading. When a squirrel cage fan runs unrestricted the amp draw can exceed the FLA (Full Load Amp) rating of the motor.
    Kyle in K'zoo
    Screws are kinda like knots, if you can't use the right one, use lots of 'em.
    The greatest tragedy in life is the gruesome murder of a beautiful theory by a brutal gang of facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Kraft View Post
    Seems like white to the neutral and the red to the hot. Make sure you do an amp check after building your air cleaner to ensure there is enough static pressure on the system to keep the motor from overloading. When a squirrel cage fan runs unrestricted the amp draw can exceed the FLA (Full Load Amp) rating of the motor.
    I forgot about this on mine & powered it up without closing the box. Only took about a minute to let some of the smoke out.
    Al