Thread: Table Saw Work Station

Table Saw Work Station

I finally finished my table saw work station. I've been putting it together a bit at a time for a couple of months. I have a Ridgid 3650 that I took the leg set off of. I bought the plans for the station from Wood magazine and modified them somewhat. Outside of the fact that it weighs a ton, I love it. I replaced the left wing of the saw with a bench dog cast iron router table. The right side has a homemade table with a Rousseau lift in it. I have four drawers for storage and am planning on putting in a vertical pull out in the vacant space (based on Glen Bradley's design). The outfeed table is rock solid and really improves my ability to handle sheet goods safely. It is base on the one that Bob D. did on the Ridgid forum. I found the legs for the table on a previous post here. The design is ingenious and they are really stable. I don't have a DC just a shop vac so I bought the Ridgid dust collection system and used that to connect the dust ports between the router table and the table saw. I have one other outlet that I'm going to connect to the shark guard, once I get it. The whole thing is kind of cumbersome but it provides excellent stability and greatly improves my work capacity.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Just a few more pics. I added a ring at the bottom of the base so that I can pull this out into the middle of my garage with a little more ease.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Excellent setup Russell. It should serve you well for many years.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Blog Entries
    Very cool Russ. An excellent job!
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Very nice. Could eat off it. The table leg is neat but puzzles me a little. Why the knob?

Is that a Minnesota Viking in the photo?

Steve Bolton

Tres cool...

Very nice Russell. I'd love to get something like that going.
    "Live like no one else, so later, you can LIVE LIKE NO ONE ELSE!"
    - Dave Ramsey

Wow, that thing is big! That is a great looking set up the way you have every thing mounted. I am planning to make one in the future, and was not going to mount a router to it. After seeing this I may have to change my plans.

Thanks for the kind words. I love working with this thing already. It was definetly worth the time I put into it. The legs swing up out of the way. When I pull the outfeed table out and swing the legs down the knob is used to tighten them against a stationary brace that is attached to the bottom of the table. The legs have a 3/8" carriage bolt going through them at the top of the legs. When the legs are extended the bolt fits into a slot that is cut into the brace piece. The knob is then tightened against that brace piece, making the leg very stable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Steven, that Viking is about to get burnt!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Very nice setup Russell, it should serve you well for a long time.
    David

Excellent job, I would imagine while a little heavy as you stated that the extra beef adds alot of stability so thats a good trade eh? Looks great!
    If at first you don't succeed, look in the trash for the instructions.

12. I love this! This solves several problems I have with storage in my small shop. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Thanks, Frank. One of the reasons I built it was because of my small space. That may sound counter intuitive but I had to pull my saw out before whenever I wanted to use it so there's not too much of a difference now. The added router tables will cut down on set up time in the future. I love the additional work surface. The outfeed table is huge and rock solid. If need be I can remove the saw fence and use the fence from the router table on the right as a rip fence. That means my crosscut capacity is around 60". All in all this thing makes my setup safer and a lot more convenient.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]