Thread: Jet JWL-1642-EVS2: 16" x 42" EVS Pro Lathe $1399 w/shipping from Rockler

Jet JWL-1642-EVS2: 16" x 42" EVS Pro Lathe $1399 w/shipping from Rockler

Yeah, at least three of us have ordered one this week.
    Raymond Overman
    Happiness is a warm chainsaw

"Do not wait, the time will never be just right. Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command. Better tools will be found as you go along." Napolean Hill

My trigger finger is so itchy. Was there a thread posted on it that I missed?

Thanks
    Jeff

WoodCraft also had this on sale last week for about the same price with free shipping. I made the big leap and ordered one last Sunday for my first lathe. To my surprise, I received a phone call yesterday telling me my lathe was in. I picked it up today, managing to get the 475 pound box (attached to a wood pallet) into my Santa Fe SUV. They loaded it in with a fork lift. Unloading it at home was fairly simple. I pulled it part way out of my SUV and cut away the cardboard box, leaving the lathe components attached to the pallet. I was then able to carry each part separately down to my basement workshop. A solo operation with no single part weighing more than 100 pounds.

I now have the pieces to a Jet 1642-EVS-2 sitting in my workshop. I just have to reorganize my workshop to make room for it and install a 230 volt outlet. I think I may just have a sub-panel installed so I can have a few 230 volt outlets on separate circuits in addition to some new 115 outlets. Time for a complete workshop remodeling!

Dave
    Newbie turner

David - congrats on your new lathe! I know how heavy they are as I had to do the same thing to get mine into my basement shop. Hope you get power soon as you will love turning on it! Remember - lots of photos as soon as you can!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!