Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wanted - Oscillating Sander Recommendations

1. My vote is for the Jet as well. I bought one from Amazon, and wrote a review, that I really should edit. (A lot of rambling going on, but nevertheless a lot info that you may find interesting) Amazon chose my review as the most helpful on the top. Here is the link.
    "Fine is the artist who loves his tools as well as his work."

Another vote for Ridgid. Meets all my expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Levine View Post
    Randy,

I'm sure you have, and don't take this as an insult, did you loosen the nut at the top of the spindle enough to slip the sleeve on fully? If you have then you may, as you suggested, some faulty spindles or possibly sanding sleeves.
    The drum isn't even on the machine when I'm trying to install a new sleeve. It acts like exactly what you suggest, like the screw has bulged out the middle.
    The good news is that since the addition of a PM 3520b to the shop I don't need a spindle sander very often anyway.

I've been using a Ridgid almost daily for about 8 years and will buy another when it gives up. Being able to convert to a horizontal belt sold me on it in the first place, Sleeves are available from Woodworkers supply and several others online.

I like my Ridgid O S/belt sander. Quiet althought the dust collection isn't the best. I can purchase sanding drums at the local BORG.
    Gary

Cool

I have to say that the Rigid meets all my expectations and needs. Yeaterday afternoon I bought one (pictures & gloat later) and it worked great for me this morning right out of the box. One thing that I like is the storage for all the perts and tools are right on the sander's base. I don't have to worry about where I'm going to put the small hex keys, washers, etc. so that they don't get lost. As others have reported the sander is light weight so it's easy to move and store when not in use. It even has handles for picking it up designed into the sides. Thanks to all who sugggested the Rigid.
    Don Bullock
    Woebgon Bassets
    AKC Championss

The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.
    -- Edward John Phelps

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Tolentino View Post
    For those of you with the Ridgid, if Home Depot doesn't carry the sanding sleeves - where do most of you acquire yours? Another store, catalog, or internet site? I'm asking because I'm also looking to purchase one after Christmas for some projects I'm working on. Thanks.
    I bought some on e-bay. The seller was selling complete sets.

George
    2B1ASK1

Ridgid owners (or maybe this is universal),

Do any of you have a problem with sleeves slipping (infrequent for me, but it happens)? What do you do about it?
    Last edited by Danny Thompson; 12-07-2007 at 4:42 PM.