Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Creekers Weekend Accomplishments....

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Knighton View Post
    I almost fell through the ceiling of my 101 year old house while trying to put insulation in. I just lost my balance, and wrenched my back while trying not to fall. Just my luck. Had to call it a weekend with only a few rolls in. I'm going to try again this coming weekend.

Tom
    Feel your pain. Picke up all my recent tool purchases this weekend. Unisaw, DJ-20, Jet bandsaw, and 27 shoplight fixtures w/ bulbs. I ended up selling the Unisaw to a bud and tweaked my back carrying it down his steps. Then fell carrying the bandsaw into my house...my feet just slipped right out because of the snow. The bandsaw fell on me but only my back was injured as I braced myself for the fall and kept the bandsaw from hitting the ground.

Oh, well, I will enjoy the machines and savings long after the pain is gone

Looks like it must have been a weekend for most everyones plans to go awry. What was suppose to be a simple re-caulk of our shower Saturday morning became a full blown job. While looking at new shower heads Friday evening SHMBO decided it would be SOOO nice if we were to replace the entire faucet and since the shower and lavatory HAVE to match.........well lets just say $300.00 and 6 hours later my bathroom project was complete.

Sunday, went and visited with my mom then when we got home played Santa for awhile putting together several riding toys for nieces/nephews (they HAVE to be put together so they can ride them). Why is it that when my kids were young I had to put everything they received together myself and now what we give now needs assembly BEFORE we can give it to them? Yesterday evening added some more lighting outside.
    David

I finished the 75th ornament and mailed most of them Sat and this AM.
    Earl

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    This weekend I managed to stand on top of the Great Wall of China
    Hi Jim,

Are you traveling for work? I've been to the Great Wall outside of Beijing too, my wife is Chinese and we've traveled to China with the kids 3 times now. Don't miss the summer palace in Beijing, its a beatiful place:

Boat at summer palace2.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Cohen View Post
    Hi Jim,

Are you traveling for work? I've been to the Great Wall outside of Beijing too, my wife is Chinese and we've traveled to China with the kids 3 times now. Don't miss the summer palace in Beijing, its a beatiful place:

Boat at summer palace2.JPG
    Yes, for work...second China visit this year and will likely be back there one or two times in 2008. Did the Summer Palace Saturday afternoon after the Wall...and that's definitely a beautiful place...one worthy of visiting in each of the four seasons, I might add. I'll be posting pictures in the OT Forum when I can get them prepared. Next day or two.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Uumm, not much woodworking.

Saturday night brought us a nice ice storm.

Sunday morning at 8 the power went off.

10:30, I was off to Jeff City to pick up a generator I had ordered 10 days before.
    I wasn't going to pick it up till our new gas range and micro came in.

Back at dark, with a candlelit shop, I got the generator together, then discovered I had no 30amp twistlock plug to fit the generator.
    All I had was 20 amp.

About to give up, the shop lights came on. Whipeeee

But, the power went off this afternoon again.
    I had just got back from town to retreive the correct plug, had the cord made up, ready to install it on the pole, when the power went off.

They lost another 3-phase main line down the road again due to heavy ice.

So here I sit cruising the internet by generator power.
    We have water [well pump] and lights now.
    We heat with wood and gas backup, so worries about getting cold.

I can hear trees limbs breaking in the timber ground around here.

And it is now misting rain again. If the temp goes back down.........

Thumbs up

I got these 3 units ready for finishing. There will be a model railroad running along the top. This will also be the first project for my new HVLP gun. Spraying to start after Christmas. Stop by my web site and click on "in the wood shop" for more of my projects and a look at the shop. www.peterspirito.com
    Attached Images Attached Images

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    My WW time consisted of sweaping saw dust from the years of collecting in the corners of the shop.
    I also supplied the contractor with tools "he forgot" to finish off a job in my house.
    Glad he's gone.
    A little family fun. Also working outside in the 11* temps.
    Have a good one.

TJH
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

My weekend was mostly a bust too! Our Champion lost all three days at the dog shows. She still finished up the year at number seven in the country, just a few points below the sixth place dog. She's still the number two female.

The only highlights were that two of our dogs did get points. The girl got her first one and our boy got one as well so he now only has to get four points to finish his Championship. Most importantly I got to spend time with friends and went to lunch with some of them. Oh, I did manage to get some shop time in to work on Christmas presents, but my fairly new Bosch sander stopped working again. Yep, I'm not happy about that at all.
    Don Bullock
    Woebgon Bassets
    AKC Championss

The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.
    -- Edward John Phelps

My weekends are Monday & Tuesdays. Was looking for a nice quiet two days. We have a major freezing rain ice storm here in the midwest. Almost and inch of ice now in my area. Lost power twice today already but fortunately not for long. LOML brought home a new home theater system so have to re-arrange the whole living/family room and try to get the old system downstairs to the kids rooms. No school today so now have kids to supervise. Also have an appt to get new tires this morning, oil change, and Missouri vehicle inspection. Going to try to keep the appt and go, so will get to try out the new Goodyear Triple Tread technology on the way home. Will be a 40 mile or so round trip in this stuff. Hopefully the main highways will be clear. Have a good week everyone. Steve-hopefully you won't have to use that generator too much, but may be another 2002 year here in the state.
    Been around power equipment all my life and can still count to twenty one nakey

Quote Originally Posted by mark page View Post
    My weekends are Monday & Tuesdays. Was looking for a nice quiet two days. We have a major freezing rain ice storm here in the midwest. Almost and inch of ice now in my area. Lost power twice today already but fortunately not for long. LOML brought home a new home theater system so have to re-arrange the whole living/family room and try to get the old system downstairs to the kids rooms. No school today so now have kids to supervise. Also have an appt to get new tires this morning, oil change, and Missouri vehicle inspection. Going to try to keep the appt and go, so will get to try out the new Goodyear Triple Tread technology on the way home. Will be a 40 mile or so round trip in this stuff. Hopefully the main highways will be clear. Have a good week everyone. Steve-hopefully you won't have to use that generator too much, but may be another 2002 year here in the state.

Lost power again yesterday at about 3pm.

Ran generator till about 11pm then shut it down.
    Fired up again this am [still no power] for the coffee pot and the water well [and computer ]

Its raining again. It will either melt the lines ice buildup, or take them on down. Trees are bad here.
    We have some major lines down south of here.
    Crews have been working non-stop since sunday morning.
    Sure hope them guys will be safe in doing what they do.

Steve-made it back from getting new tires, etc, and the roads were ok. They were out of power too, so got a free mobil 1 oil change out of the deal. It helps that I used to work there, lol. They lost power from a water leak in the roof on the main breaker panel, not from ice. Glad I don't work there now, for I would have been the one tripping the light breakers standing in a puddle of water this morning. eek! Not much ice to speak of on the main roads/highways. The back streets very iced over. Dodged tree limbs the entire way in and back. Still freezing rain very hard in my part of the state and will continue thru tomorrow. My deck and grille/smokers have about an inch of ice on them. I think the in-laws got hit harder as they are in the Warrensburg/Clinton part of the state. They too have a whole house generator, plus wood heat. Think this is closer down your way. My home is all electric and hopefully will not lose power, at least for very long anyways. Guess I always have the Coleman camp out propane equipment in case of emergencies to at least warm a room, lol. Good luck to you my friend.
    Last edited by mark page; 12-11-2007 at 1:01 PM.
    Been around power equipment all my life and can still count to twenty one nakey

I did a little but finaly finished this......but its been going on for awhile

A little something for Santa
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius--and a lot of courage--to move in the opposite direction."

--Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by mark page View Post
    Steve-made it back from getting new tires, etc, and the roads were ok. They were out of power too, so got a free mobil 1 oil change out of the deal. It helps that I used to work there, lol. They lost power from a water leak in the roof on the main breaker panel, not from ice. Glad I don't work there now, for I would have been the one tripping the light breakers standing in a puddle of water this morning. eek! Not much ice to speak of on the main roads/highways. The back streets very iced over. Dodged tree limbs the entire way in and back. Still freezing rain very hard in my part of the state and will continue thru tomorrow. My deck and grille/smokers have about an inch of ice on them. I think the in-laws got hit harder as they are in the Warrensburg/Clinton part of the state. They too have a whole house generator, plus wood heat. Think this is closer down your way. My home is all electric and hopefully will not lose power, at least for very long anyways. Guess I always have the Coleman camp out propane equipment in case of emergencies to at least warm a room, lol. Good luck to you my friend.

No power here yet. Rain is melting the ice though.
    Just got back from checking on an 80 year old lady with no electric/heat.
    Her driveway is half a mile long into the woods.
    Wife and I had to chainsaw our way in. Ugh.

She's ok thankfully.
    Clinton is an hour from here.
    Stay safe.

Reg. Good looking mantel you built there.

Hey Steve. Saw the bad weather on the tube. I hear they are sending crews from all over to help out. Hope you stay warm and do take care of the elder woman I really got a soft spot for them.
    Thanks for the complement Steve.
    Wish I could help somehow
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius--and a lot of courage--to move in the opposite direction."

--Albert Einstein