Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for some feedbck on the Fein Multimaster

Looking for some feedbck on the Fein Multimaster

Can anyone direct me to a review of the Fein Multimaster. I'm thinking about buying the Festool 93 but would like to know how well the Fein does as a multi-tool.
    Thanks Ed

I can only say that from one who is remodeling...it's the BEST tool I have ever bought. I continue to find ways to use it...and am amazed at how well it works. Solid...well built...are the words that come to mind.
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

I too have one and use it all the time. cutting wood, cleaning out glazing to replace widows, sanding it tight places, scraping paint. It's one of those tools that after you've used it a while it's the first tool you go after on a odd job that there just don't seem to be a way to do it. I make my own saw blades. For about $15.00 I can make 10 or 12 blades out of a pull saw replacement blade. I can't see the price they are asking for on the fein blades.
    Happy Sawdust
    Dale

it works great for trimming molding when you're in tight quarters and recently i used it to trim off a couple of fingers on router fingerboard. you should be able to buy the older version now that the new one has come out for a cheaper price on either ebay or craigslist. you can make your own replacement blades by cutting up a cheap hand saw.

The only drawback I have wth mine is getting the cord back in the case. I did get a deal on at a show, they ended up giving me about 100 extra sanding triangles
    Earl

I've had mine for around 7 years. Extremely handy tool. I even use it for cutting holes in sheetrock for electrical boxes.
    Brad
    Urban pix: www.citysnaps.net

I rehab houses for a living, can't imagine what I would do without it..

Number One... Cordless drill

Number two... Fein Multimaster (corded)

Quote Originally Posted by frank shic View Post
    you can make your own replacement blades by cutting up a cheap hand saw.
    Can you still do that on the newer model with that star-shaped spindle (or chuck, or whatever that thing you attach the blades to is called)?

I just bought the new 250Q. Turned out it had a problem where it would lose power shortly after turning it on. Called the dealer who called Fein. It turns out the speed controller is defective and when it is 60 deg or cooler this defect show up. The dealer is going to return my money. Even though he has more units Fein warned that they had discovered the whole lot was bad and were recalling them. They will not have replacements until Janurary.

good question, rob. unfortunately, i have not figured out how to punch out the star hole on the blade but then again, i don't have the star chuck yet! the star chuck would be nice to have because the blade has a tendency to wander.

My absolute favorite tool.

I absolutely love this tool! It is my favorite ~ here's a blurb I wrote about it on Toologics. You can get a reconditioned one at ToolKing.com for $239. Toolking purchased a whole pallet from Fein because the metal boxes were scratched. Unbelievable! The tool was still in all it's original packaging with all the extra blades and sander pieces.
    http://www.toologics.com/News/Cool_T...071008403.html

Ditto to every reply that the Multimaster is just about the most multitalented tool in my shop. I find a new task for it every 6 months. Worth every penny although it is expensive to buy and replace blades because they know how usefull it is. Once you have one and use it you don't want to be without it. They mean it when they say "Multi"!!!

While there is a high up front cost with the the Multimaster, if you can find enough reasons to use it, you will quickly get your moneys worth. I have used mine for everything from sanding and refinishing a bass boat to cutting molding so that I could install a wood floor. The tool is versatile and very heavy duty. You get a sense of how well built it is as soon as you put it in your hand. After you turn it on you will be absolutely sold! If there is any downside, it would be the blade replacement costs. They last a long time but when they get dull there will be significant performance reduction. The tool relies on vibration. The blades need to be sharp to work effectively. There is nothing that comes close to it's performance with sanding pads. Unbelievable. I better quit now before I keep going on.

Well I have both and they are two different tools. the Multimaster is well a multimaster tool I can't say I use it allot but when I have to there is no other tool that will work.

Now the 93 is a sander! The trouble with using the multi master for sanding is it is not a true ROS sander so it leaves scratch markes it goes back and forth in a semi circle so you can never match the direction is the grain. The festool dx93 is a true ROS. Being so it is more aggrisive and leaves less marks in the wood also it has dust collection.

Both are top notch tools. If you need a sander though go with the 93 if you need to sand once in a blue moon go withthe multimaster and touch up by hand.
    -=Jason=-