Thread: Did anyone go to the DFW Woodworker show this past weekend?

Did anyone go to the DFW Woodworker show this past weekend?

I was sitting here thinking about it, and realized it was LAST weekend. I hadn't planned to go, but wondered if anyone did and if they would mind reporting how it was, bad or good. Who were there vendor wise. Were there any deals to be had. TIA!! Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

I wish I would have gone. Maybe next year.
    Mike Marcade
    Senior Mechanical Engineer
    Server Development
    Dell Inc.

I was there. How was it?-----awful. There were fewer vendors than ever. It keeps going downhill. Any buys to be had?-----there's always buys to be had if you find something you really want/need. My main gripe was the lack of major tool reps.

That said, I have some information on The Woodworking Shows in general. I talked to Wayne, the main guy at Woodline, who had the largest exhibit. He said that Woodline and another outfit (don't know who) took over from the current owners of The Woodworking Shows two days before bankruptcy proceedings. His plans are to revitalize it. He has the major tool people (read Black and Decker.....I think they have about everything now) lined up for next year - all their commitments lotely have been to NASCAR. He will be putting out an infomercial, etc, etc. Don't have a clue how the next one will be but it should at least be different. I have been going every year for maybe the last ten years and until I heard this it may have been my last, but I'll probably give them another shot now.

Also my sympathies to Wayne, whose wife died a few months ago.

Thanks Richard. Hopefully the new people in charge can turn this around. I really enjoyed it the 3 years previous to last year, then didn't have any money to spend last year, so chose not to even go look. I'll keep a watch out for what they have in store for next year. Jim
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

show

It was a waste of money .I have seen it go dowm hill the last few years I had a pocket full of money and did not spend 1/10 of what i had I spent $83. I was there 2 hours and saw every thing two times to make sure I did not miss any thing