Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Band Saw DC

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Troy View Post
    Good info, thanks Bill. I do cut some green wood with the saw, will the brush still work ok with that application?
    Sean,

The brush will work if the wood is dry, but the wetter and more sap filled the more will clog in the brush and get to your band saw tires. I cut very little green wood, but I suspect there are turners on this forum that do and could share how well their brushes work when cutting green wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Williams View Post
    Thanks for the replies.
    I just got home and checked my bandsaw (Hitachi CB13F) and the back is cast iron with a sheetmetal lower wheel housing cover. I am not going to attempt making a 4" hole in the cast iron so I guess I'll have to put the 4" in the door.
    Sounds like using a 90 degree elbow on the door,to get the hose going towards the left hand side of the saw, followed by a 4"x4"x2 1/2" wye should work.

Thanks for the advice.
    Jimmy, I have that bandsaw as well. How do you like yours? I added a 2 1/2" port to the lower door in the middle and used a y fitting to get to the existing port. It works quite well. I have the hose coming from the rear out of my way.
    War Eagle!

I modified a DC adapter that I saw in a mag a few years back for our 14" bandsaws (delta).

This adapter fits directly beneath the table and pretty much surrounds the guides. The adapter rides very close to the lower wheel, so it captures almost all of the dust before it has a chance to get trapped between the blade and the tire. The teardrop shape allows full tilting of the table. There is enough volume in the adapter that is seems not to create too much restriction in airflow, obviously it introduces some turbulence, but it doesn't seem to be a problem

The adapter consists of 1/2 ply front and back held together with sheet metal screwed into the edges of the plywood. A 4" hose attaches to the back of the adapter so it doesn't get in your way.

The adapter attaches to the saw via a single 1/4" thumbscrew so it's easily changed for blade changes etc. The thumbscrew screws into a tapped steel plate which was added to the casting below the tabletop. The edge of lower door does need to be cut away to make way for the adapter.

g'luck
    kg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Near Sandusky,Ohio.....Cedar Point ....Roller Coster Capitol Of The World
    Here's how mines hooked up.

JEFF

Dumb question, but how do you cut the hole in the bottom door to make the opening?

Jack

I did mine with a 4" hole saw in the drill press.

Good Luck

Alan