Thread: Installing a Bench Dog Pro Lift

Installing a Bench Dog Pro Lift

I've been hearing it a read bear to level the Bench Dog Pro Lift in the Pro Max I just got for the left side wing of my table ssaw. Does anyone have any tricks or suggestions. Thanks in advance for your help. Tomorrow it's getting installed. Ken
    If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.

I added one to my Delta shaper instead of the table saw and had no trouble setting it up. Its a real solid setup
    Enjoy

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    I had some trouble getting mine level but I’m probably fussier than most people.
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=68786

Most that I read / talked to had no problem.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Hey Bruce... If I get hung up for 3 hrs can I send ya' mine for the extra two holes???

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Shoemaker View Post
    Does anyone have any tricks or suggestions.
    Take your time. You only need to do it once. You'll need to bounce around, corner to corner and side to side with your adjustments, but with patience, it will get absolutely where you want it to be. (Same goes for the insert rings) And make sure you have some Loctite on hand, if it wasn't in the box, so you can lock the setscrews in place. Oh, be sure to clean things off thoroughly so that the Loctite can stick.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Hey Bruce... If I get hung up for 3 hrs can I send ya' mine for the extra two holes???
    Absolutely!
    It'll only cost ya a couple of six packs..

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

As cold and icy as it has been in Chicago lately, I'll bring a case and drive the thing down there.

Bruce,
    I think I know what your talking about. I'm just passing 3 hours. Lossen, Tighten, Lossen, Tighten - Jeeezzzzzz It's like sweeping water off the garage floor. It seems like the plate has a slight twist in it. I now know what you put those extra two holes in it. I'll get it though...

Hang in there, they say it can be done.

Andy Rooney

Here's hoping you get it spot-on!

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page View Post
    Hang in there, they say it can be done.
    My sentiments as well -- although I haven't adjusted mine to perfection yet. I'm cheering for you, Ken, so I can try to adjust mine again if you get it spot-on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McFarland View Post
    My sentiments as well -- although I haven't adjusted mine to perfection yet. I'm cheering for you, Ken, so I can try to adjust mine again if you get it spot-on.
    Close is easy! It’s perfection that’s a bi………………………………............t harder to do.

Andy Rooney

It's official, I have now spent 5 1/2 hours trying for perfection. I'm thinking that the top is warped a very slight bit. I can get the entire thing spot on, omly to find the lower left corner is slightly raised. I have literaly torn the thing apart and started over 6 times. The end result is always the same deviation at the same place. I then took the lift out and turned it 180 degrees and it changed to the top right corner indicatging the problem is the lift itself. I suspect that is why Bruce put the extra holes in there. If they had put them in all 4 corners, this would not be a problem. I'm darn sure not going to try to "tweek" the top by bending it. So I am going to investigate a machine shop to get the extra holes put in there. Then I have to get the holes put in the corners of the CI top. With the extra srews I could easily screw it down and make it "perfect". Sometimes I HATE THAT WORD!!!!!!!!!

Ken, I sent you a PM.

Andy Rooney

Blog Entries
    It's official, I have now spent 5 1/2 hours trying for perfection. I'm thinking that the top is warped a very slight bit. I can get the entire thing spot on, omly to find the lower left corner is slightly raised. I have literaly torn the thing apart and started over 6 times. The end result is always the same deviation at the same place. I then took the lift out and turned it 180 degrees and it changed to the top right corner indicatging the problem is the lift itself. I suspect that is why Bruce put the extra holes in there. If they had put them in all 4 corners, this would not be a problem. I'm darn sure not going to try to "tweek" the top by bending it. So I am going to investigate a machine shop to get the extra holes put in there. Then I have to get the holes put in the corners of the CI top. With the extra srews I could easily screw it down and make it "perfect". Sometimes I HATE THAT WORD!!!!!!!!!
    Stating the obvious but please, make sure you are modifying the plate to fit a flat table. It would be a shame to go through all the trouble of getting it screwed down only to find out that the table was wrong and the plate was right. DAMHIKT.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler