Thread: High Gloss Blue Plastic for Laser?

High Gloss Blue Plastic for Laser?

Hellow Creekers and Merry Christmas!
    Anyone know where to find a Dark Blue/white Laser engraving plastic with a Glossy finish? I have tried Rowmark, Johnsons, JDS and only find the blue I need in a matt or satin finish. I need it for a customers name badges. Thanks in advance.

Bryan

Pinnacle M30, Corel X3, Photograv....and lots of luck!

Multi-Use Material

William,

Even though some Rowmark material isn't advertised as laserable, with the proper settings (and sometimes multiple engraving passes) it's possible to use a material such as "Slickers" for laser engraving.

David "The Stunt Engraver" Lavaneri

Quote Originally Posted by David Lavaneri View Post
    William,

Even though some Rowmark material isn't advertised as laserable, with the proper settings (and sometimes multiple engraving passes) it's possible to use a material such as "Slickers" for laser engraving.

I have done that, it takes more power and slower speed but does work. You could also try spraying the matte with Krylon clear gloss.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

Reverse Engrave

Joe,

Sometimes material not designated for laser engraving can look a little warped or melted.

With some finessing of the power speed settings that effect can be mitigated.

A good way around that is to use reverse-engravable material, where that imperfection is on the side that nobody sees.

Quote Originally Posted by David Lavaneri View Post
    Joe,

Sometimes material not designated for laser engraving can look a little warped or melted.

With some finessing of the power speed settings that effect can be mitigated.

A good way around that is to use reverse-engravable material, where that imperfection is on the side that nobody sees.

Thanks for mentioning that, I should have. I regularly do name plates on the non-laserable blue and gray, and they are arched when done but slide into frames so it doesn't matter. Less power and multiple passes helps reduce the warping.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green