Some random thoughts on high gas prices.

Gas prices are going up because the oil companies want to make more money. Look at their earnings report for the last quarter or the stock recommendations from all the talking heads on TV and radio. The oil companies say prices are high because crude oil prices are at a record high, but if that's the case, profits should stay the same right? Anybody remember the windfall profit tax from the 70s?

We pay less for gas than any other country, but that's because we don't tax it like other countries. I don't want to give the federal government billions more tax dollars to spend.

Yeah, all the automobile manufacturers are making lots of SUVs and pickup trucks. That's what the consumers want and that's where profits are. Until gas prices get high enough change our driving habits that's the way it'll be.

I'm not necessairly a ecoterrorist just because I drive a large truck. My daily driver is a one ton Dodge which gets about 20 mpg on the highway and 15 around town. I fill up once a month or less because I live close to where I work and shop. A guy I work with drives a Honda which gets well over 30 mpg, but uses four times the gas I do because he drives 75 miles round trip to work every day. Most of the time I'll be in the truck by myself, but I occasionally pull two trailers, a 10K lb travel trailer and a 15K flat bed.