Thread: With all the new mustard that's been delivered recently......

With all the new mustard that's been delivered recently......

we ought to start a "SMC Mustard Club"...........

Could we could let Andy join as a honorary member if he'd paint Janeene the right color?
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    Could we could let Andy join as a honorary member if he'd paint Janeene the right color?
    Nope.
    Officially Retired!!!!!!!! Woo-Hoo!!!

1,036 miles NW of Keith Burns

I vote in the negative.
    Only the Blue Roads

Hey What about...

...the Mustard's little brother Mayo Light (Jet 1642). Can we join too ??? Please??? None of them Big Mayo's though. They just look funny.
    Happy and Safe Turning, Don

Woodturners make the world go ROUND!

Ken,
    Can't do the mustard club, for think how bad and discriminated against the few non-Mustard people would feel.
    We really don't descriminate against them, but the huge smile we have from turning on a POWERMATIC makes them suspecious and easy prey to blame others for their not having Mustard fun.
    They have an illness, and should be treated kindly , like one would a sick friend.
    Rich S.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Souchek View Post
    Ken,
    Can't do the mustard club, for think how bad and discriminated against the few non-Mustard people would feel.
    We really don't descriminate against them, but the huge smile we have from turning on a POWERMATIC makes them suspecious and easy prey to blame others for their not having Mustard fun.
    They have an illness, and should be treated kindly , like one would a sick friend.
    Rich S.
    I think there is one thing everyone should remember.

It's not the lathe that makes the turner.

AND IT NEVER WILL BE!

I think there may be a part of Andy's family history he's avoiding. I ran across this picture while perusing the wonders of the www and all that is mustard. I don't know how he can deny it's a not a relative

hoyt1.jpg

And if we can't get a club together here, at least we already have a day to celebrate. occasion14.gif

Mustard-Day.jpg
    Pat

Umm. Pat. Funny you should post that pic.

My father, Bill Hoyt, is formally called Coleman W. Hoyt.

I'll be passing your input on to him. But know that he's a devout spring poler, for which he uses only the finest holly (aka whitewood) as his drive mechanism so I'm pretty sure even he would chose wisely and go mayo.
    Only the Blue Roads

About the only reason I can come up with for all this mustard mania (heavy on the mania) is that Olivers are getting so hard to come by.

Besides, Mustard is yellow, the only other thing I can think of that is that gawdawful Powermatic color is baby p**p.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Stevener View Post
    I think there is one thing everyone should remember.

It's not the lathe that makes the turner.

AND IT NEVER WILL BE!

Bill,

Nobody in their right mind can argue your point. That being said,.....I started this thread just to harrass a certain Moxie drinking, Oneway driving guy from Maine.......There was no serious intent of any kind.....
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

A Call To Arms

<sarcasm ahead>

I feel that it is time we all stood up as brothers and sisters in a united front rather than continuing this elitist rhetoric. In this day and age of diversity it is important that tolerance preserver over prejudice and that all people, regardless of lathe color or motor horsepower or pocket book size, should be considered worthy of the brotherhood of turning freedoms. It is a God given right that we are allowed to turn and by his grace and mercy we shall overcome this oppression.

Too long has the Mustard Regime shouted their fascist propaganda against the Mayo Coalition. Too long have they been allowed to divide the great brotherhood of turning. It is time we all make a pledge to stand together, to fight for this freedom, and show the humanity and compassion for our fellow turners as a single force.

By accepting our fellow turners regardless of the size or color of their lathe, we can strengthen our numbers, provide a safe and prosperous place for wood turning education, exhibition, and demonstration and make this community strong. This is a call to every turner to speak up, to cross the divide and meet your brothers and sisters whose lathe is different than yours. Accept them through their work as a turner, not the lathe that they own. This is a call for a United Woodturning Nation!

Disclaimer: All elitist rhetoric against flat workers and Andy can and should continue. None of this applies to them. All rights reserved. Not applicable in California or New Jersey. The views expressed here are that of the author and does not necessarily reflect those of SMC or the Turning Forum. This post may not be reproduced in part or in entirety without direct written permission from Major League Baseball. All rights reserved.

<end sarcasm>
    Raymond Overman
    Happiness is a warm chainsaw

"Do not wait, the time will never be just right. Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command. Better tools will be found as you go along." Napolean Hill