Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: How old is your Tablesaw?

General 650, only 5 or 6 years old, and already I want to replace it with a Felder.

I'm so fickle........Rod.

1939 Delta Unisaw.....68 yrs. old

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Burch View Post
    Mine had it's 10th birthday yesterday. PM66. 5HP. I suspect we'll have another 25-30 happy years together.

Todd
    Around 50 years old. Dad bought it used before I was born. Here's some similar models on OWWM:

http://owwm.com/PhotoIndex/detail.asp?id=5523
    http://owwm.com/PhotoIndex/detail.asp?id=6988
    "Live like no one else, so later, you can LIVE LIKE NO ONE ELSE!"
    - Dave Ramsey

I have no idea

I'm hoping somebody can help me determine a rough age.

I bought my PM66 from a guy who bought it at auction when the Phoenix public school system closed down most of their wood shops. He never used it.

I know PM has gone through some changes with color, ownership and where it was built over the years.

Mine is gold with a mostly green stripe midway up the cabinet, manufactured by Houdaille, serial number 8266540.

Any guesses on its approx. age?

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Brown View Post
    My Clausing is about 52 years old as near as I can tell.Just finished restoring it. Weight, 575 lb. New Biesemeyer fence.
    Dick
    Nice handwheels!

American Woodworking Machinery Universal Saw Bench

Saw #1 is a 36 year old Craftsman contractor saw, I purchased it new.

Saw #2 is a 2006 Hammer K3 with the big table.

I keep thinking that there has to be a use for the old craftsman. The table is fine & the arbor spins.
    I'm thinking of making a two blade tenoning cutter from it by moving the arbor up onto the table to lay parallel to the table in a fixed position and run little 7 or 8 inch blades in a pair with spacers.

Or maybe it can be a router table or ~ ~ ~

1985 Unisaw....so my rudimentary math skills say that it's 22 years old. However, I just got it last FRIDAY! Although its in great shape, I have plans..oh how I have plans

Bought my RIDGID TS3650 at Home Depot about 5 years ago. Didn't know a thing about tablesaws and just wanted to do some fix-up on the house. The saw was new to the market and HD ran a special -- $450 plus a $100 gift card. I basically got the saw for $350!

5 years later, it's the best purchase I ever made and the quality is terrific. I have the Festool plunge-cut saw and can't believe these folks who say they got rid of their tablesaws and just use the Festool. I couldn't live without the tablesaw. Just wish it had a better splitter or a riving knife!

That said -- my "dream" saw would be a full-size cabinet saw with better dust collection. That's another 3-5 years away (my "shop" is a small one-car garage that my big snowthrower is currently hogging space in).

I've got a new Biesemeyer sitting in a box in the basement just waiting for that day......

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Burch View Post
    Mine had it's 10th birthday yesterday. PM66. 5HP. I suspect we'll have another 25-30 happy years together.

Todd

Had my Unisaw about 15 years. Got one of the $80 Beismeyer fences, but haven't put it on yet. This one replaced a 1 1/2 HP Unisaw that was 10 years old.

Funny story there. I had just gotten the new 3 HP one and was setting it up with the shop door open on Holloween. One of the trick or treater's dads wandered over to see what I was doing and bought my 1 1/2 HP saw on the spot.

I also HAD my fathers 1946, 8", tilting table Craftsman, that he bought with his mustering out money from the Navy after the war. It sat around for years taking up space, and I finally gave it away. I have regrets, but realize it would still be taking up space if I had kept it, and my shop is already too full.

Rick Potter

Quote Originally Posted by James Hart View Post
    I'm hoping somebody can help me determine a rough age.

I bought my PM66 from a guy who bought it at auction when the Phoenix public school system closed down most of their wood shops. He never used it.

I know PM has gone through some changes with color, ownership and where it was built over the years.

Mine is gold with a mostly green stripe midway up the cabinet, manufactured by Houdaille, serial number 8266540.

Any guesses on its approx. age?

Jim
    I just call PM for parts for a PM66 I just bought second hand. My understanding is the first 2 digits is the year of manufacture. So there you go. Mine is an '89

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Keedwell View Post
    Not me....1967 was year I graduated from high school
    Gary
    I was referring to the saw. I graduated from high school in 1964.

I'm sitting here at work thinking, "How old is mine?" I bought it to replace my Craftsman RAS when the motor died. I'll have to check the receipt tonight, but I'm thinking probably 10 to 12 years old. Ridgid 3612, the old Emerson unit. Due to be relagated to an assembly table/daddo only machine in the next year, hopefully. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Mine is about 1 1/2 year old 3 HP Delta Unisaw. I sold my first Unisaw 3 years ago when I had to move out of state. That was an early 70's vintage 3 phase.
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Levine View Post
    I was referring to the saw. I graduated from high school in 1964.
    Wow, you old fart, you!!!

Gary.....the Whippersnapper