Thread: Inside Office Signs

Inside Office Signs

These are suite signs and directory strips for medical offices.

Laser cut 1/8" non-glare acrylic, vinyl lettering is cut in reverse and applied to the backs.

Then I spray the backs over the vinyl with latex in a color that goes with the carpeting. If they ever change carpet I'll get to do the whole complex over again. This job is just for three spaces changing tenants. I also do the outside directories but that's just changing vinyl lettering on anodized aluminum strips.

Last edited by Joe Pelonio; 12-19-2007 at 2:43 PM.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

I guess I'm going to have to fly my butt out there and see how you do these letters backwards without getting the adhesive showing through the front side. I see people do it all the time and darned if I can work it out. I've tried and tried and tried.

I actually just replaced two signs today that were done like that. I had to replicate them and I'm certain I didn't do it the easiest way, but it did look the same. Sure wish I could get that problem resolved.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Yeah!

What is that stuff and how do you do it?
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Joe, in seeing this post last night, I decided not to leave work until I have resolved it or taken photos to get help with.

I used the vinyl that was on the machine from earlier in the day. I cut it (forward), threw that piece away Cut it again backwards and applied it. It came out excellent.

It was a light grey color. I've had problems with the darker colors as well as chrome. But black has always been a big problem. Looks like the light colors might work out better. I guess I'll have to start advertising that I can do it. We have plenty of colors to chose from, there's grey, then gray, then we have grey, and if you don't like that, we have gray
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    Joe, in seeing this post last night, I decided not to leave work until I have resolved it or taken photos to get help with.

I used the vinyl that was on the machine from earlier in the day. I cut it (forward), threw that piece away Cut it again backwards and applied it. It came out excellent.

It was a light grey color. I've had problems with the darker colors as well as chrome. But black has always been a big problem. Looks like the light colors might work out better. I guess I'll have to start advertising that I can do it. We have plenty of colors to chose from, there's grey, then gray, then we have grey, and if you don't like that, we have gray
    Then there's always white!

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green