Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dropping a Deuce

Dropping a Deuce

Ok, serious question about a sensitive subject for you pros out there. You're running tight on schedule and it would take 20 minutes to leave the customers house for the gas station that you really don't have. Cramps are setting in and you're surely not going to make it until quitting time. Question: Do you ask to use and subsequently destr... ahem, use the homeowner's facilities? I was installing a rail in a lived-in and very high end home today, and wondering if I should have skipped the cod sandwich for lunch... Anyways, I spent most of the 20 minutes it would have taken me to drive to the gas station fanning one of their Architectural Digests around in the vain hope of creating fresh air. Just wondering what others do or if their are any 'tricks of the trade(s)'.... Thanks for laughing with me(at me) and for any input...

I think I would ask to use owner's facilities and make sure I put the exhaust fan on and really clean-up around and in the throne if it needs it.
    ( hope I am not too explicit)
    Gary

Somebody may be offended by this, so I apologize now. Please don't judge me. You can purchase a portable toilet that looks like a cooler. It has a bag unit with TP under the lid. I keep one in both of my enclosed trailers. When the urge hits and if the situation is not appropiate to use the bathroom I can simply head to the trailer and use the porta pot. Customers are none the wiser. You can pick these up from rv stores some times or specialty stores on line. These would work well for a gent that works out of his van as well. Just a thought. Cheers.

Jason's idea isn't a bad one at all. My contractor requires a porta potty as part of the contract to insure all the crews have access to clean facilities outside of the project home. But on small jobs, personally, I'd probably ask the homeowner for permission to have access to the powder room...and clean up appropriately afterward.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

It wasn't so much a cleanup problem - I nailed the courtesy flush - but there was no hiding the air damage. I really like Jason's solution, but with a lot of really restricted space jobsites in the Seattle area I don't bring my trailer with me unless I absolutely have to. I might have to rip the small back seat out of my crewcab. Thanks for the input guys, I guess I'm going to have to stash some Oust in my truck.

Finally, a topic I know something about. I'd recommend carrying an aerosol can of Oust in your truck for future situations. LOML makes me use it in our own house. It really does mask odors and doesn't have an overpowering scent that lingers around forever indicating you're trying to mask something. It also doesn't create some weird hybrid odor of lilac and #2 like other aerosol sprays do.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Jensen View Post
    It wasn't so much a cleanup problem - I nailed the courtesy flush - but there was no hiding the air damage.
    ROFL, man I needed that laugh.

I can tell you that whatever flavor of Eternity they had on the counter, despite a careful 1/4 mist and vigorous atomization with the latest issue of Architectural Digest, did not create the air elixir I had hoped for.
    And I'm sorry for bringing this forum to a new low(ok, and a little proud), but after working primarily new construction for so long it is truly a new dilemma.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Jensen View Post
    And I'm sorry for bringing this forum to a new low(ok, and a little proud), but after working primarily new construction for so long it is truly a new dilemma.
    It's not a new low (checkout the off topic forum). The kind of humor that makes a kid laugh can't be a new low.

LOL, thanks Todd. I've been giggling all night.

11. OK I am really LOL really hard!!!! Why a duce were there two. I don't mean to be nasty. I opened this thread thinking you spent 2 hundred or thousand $ on a peice of equipment.

I'm new here and wondering if I can expect to be laughing this hard daily, weekly, monthly or what.

Take care and everyone have a great holiday!

Lewis
    Last edited by Lewis DeJoseph; 12-22-2007 at 4:45 AM.

Suprisingly, or not, simply lighting a match will VERY QUICKLY elliminate the offending, odiferous, intrusion and restore your dignaty with your client. DAMHIKT!!!! Sounds like two may have been in order here...

or maybe a blow tourch
    If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.

Would not a match bring in another hazard? Explosion? You guys are great for a laugh!! Thanks !! George

How about going neanderthal? Go in the bushes, find some leaves, you know the rest.
    Mike Marcade
    Senior Mechanical Engineer
    Server Development
    Dell Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Marcade View Post
    How about going neanderthal? Go in the bushes, find some leaves, you know the rest.
    Just don't use the 3 pointed leaf variety, or you'll have itchybun syndrome