Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are you building on Christmas Eve?

What are you building on Christmas Eve?

Maybe I should have said, "What are you ASSEMBLING on Christmas Eve". I'm not talking about fine woodworking here. I'm talking about those things that you'll be putting together after bedtime to make the little (and not so little) ones happy on Christmas morning.

I plan on being up past midnight putting together both a foosball table and an air hockey table for Jacob (6), Tommy (5) and Sam (1).

Hope all the parts are there.
    "If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably a wise investment."

Would grating potatoes and onions for family Christmas Eve tradition potato pancakes count? My wife will do the assembly.

Larry

I am assembling financing. My kids (ages 14, 12, 12 and 10) are just about past the "some assembly required" stage. Now I just need to figure out how to pay for all the cell phones, iPods, laptops, etc.

Jack

Christmas Eve...

Hi Rob,

My husband is creating some baseball bat holders for our girls' special bats that we engraved. We have been busy with customer orders, and we haven't had time for our own gifts. The girls are 22 & 19 so the days of Barbie Houses, and other goodies is past, but we still wrap all our gifts on Christmas Eve. Merry Christmas Everyone!

Phyllis & Family

If I can get the rest of my Christmas shopping done today, I plan on doing the layout and drilling the holes for the LV twinscrew vise for my benchtop. Nuthin like waiting til the last minute to do your Christmas shopping. Fortunately everybody would just prefer gift cards this year.
    Use the fence Luke

"What are you building on Christmas Eve?"

I nice warm fire.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Blog Entries
    I'm actually going to try turning a travel mug for a friend who happens to be a School Bus driver. I don't even know what wood I'm going to use. I may have to laminate a bunch of scraps together. Should be fun.

Sample Below;

Have a Nice Day!

Two pumpkin pies.

Roy

a fire. ........

We had Xmas on Sat., so I'm done. I'm working on my lastest find from the dump. I found another wooden cabinet that I'm making a Camping Stove Till. I have a moderate collection of stoves that need a home, that and I have no room for it in my shop, without ANOTHER major renovation.

I think it will clean preddee.

Nada. No "put it together stuff" this year. And the girls are in a Christmas pageant at the local church Professor Dr. SWMBO takes them too, so that will take up a good part of the evening anyway. (At least they are singing a few Hannuka songs, too... ) Oh, I may very well assemble a nice glass of red wine later in the evening...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

The only thing I will be assembling is my memmory card into my BRAND NEW CAMERA.
    Jim

Blog Entries
    I'm assembling a wooden FA-18 I'm making from scratch for my grand sons. The youngest one won't get his for a few years, he's only 6 months and we won't see the older one until next weekend so I have some time to finish. I'm still deciding whether to put landing gear on it. The wheels I have are too large.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Playing with a Wii... I mean assembling a Wii... Does it even need to be assembled?

I'm assembling come C++ code for a client. I've been paid, now I gotta deliver.

Todd