Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: circular saw opinions????

Mark,

I have the Skil 77 Mag. I used this thing to cut EVERYTHING. I recently loaded it up with a diamond blade and chopped into my fireplace stone to inset an insert I was having clearance problems with (see post in OT about Fireplace Insert Issue...complete with pics!). She was 4 years old at the time but handled the job quite well..even tipped 90 degrees! I am a big believer in the capabilities of this saw.

I also use it to cut up plywood into more manageable pieces for the TS however I've added a hardboard shoe to improve smoothness and provide mark-free cutting on expensive plywood.

However, all that said, when I free up some funds in the future and if I feel the need, my next saw purchase will be the Festool Plunge saw.

Otherwise, the Skil 77 Mag is still going strong.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by John Scarpa
    That's a very interesting option, John. I already got the other company's setup, but it looks well worth considering.

- Ed

Hi Mark

Let put in my vote for Festool. I have three circular saws, a big monster Bosch drop foot, a cordless DeWalt, and now a Festool. The Bosch is great for heavy work, and the DeWalt is great for lopping off long boards before they go to the table saw, but the Festool is the besttool (sic) for sheet goods and trimming doors. I can get gluejoint quality off my Festool when cutting hardwood veneer plywood, and just this past weekend used it to trim a door. Quick, clean (with the attached vac) and smooth as can be.

Good luck with your decision.

Bill

Thumbs up

PC 743K is all I can say. Great saw. Has survived numerous trips off of roofs and walls. Steve

Circular saws

Mark,

I don't own a circular saw. I have one of those little "cabinet" saws. Circular saws scare the heck out of me. I've had three over the years and have cut the power cord on all of them at least twice. If I HAD to get one, it would be battery powered. What a klutz I am!!

Dale T.
    I am so busy REMAKING my projects that I don't have time to make them the FIRST time!