Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Woodsmith Shop

Woodsmith Shop

I just got an email from WYCC-(Chicagoland PBS) saying that " The Woodsmith Shop" will begin airing Feb. 3, 2008. It will be on Sundays at 12pm. I hope that doesn't mean we'll lose "The Router Workshop", I'd sure miss that knot on Bob's head.

Woodsmithshop

This series has been on IPTV for two or three months an is very professionally done. I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Robert foster View Post
    This series has been on IPTV for two or three months an is very professionally done. I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Bob
    I could not resist: You are not the same Bob, are you?

Gary

Ditto on the router workshop. Its a good show.

Thanks for the info Brian. I like the concept of the Router Workshop, but those 2 guys kind of drove me nuts. Especially that knot, its like going past a car wreck, you try not to look at it but it draws you in and thats all you look at when he is on camera.
    It's not how many mistakes you make, it's how well you hide them.

Blog Entries

Bob
    Ok, I'll "byte". What's IPTV? Internet Protocol TV?
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by John Marshall View Post
    Thanks for the info Brian. I like the concept of the Router Workshop, but those 2 guys kind of drove me nuts. Especially that knot, its like going past a car wreck, you try not to look at it but it draws you in and thats all you look at when he is on camera.
    It looks like it's done in the basement of the house. I keep waiting for the kid to be demonstrating something and the mother to call him for supper. I can see it now - "Mom, geeze, we're doing a show down here".

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Browning View Post
    Ok, I'll "byte". What's IPTV? Internet Protocol TV?
    Iowa Public TV. Now you know the rest of the story

http://iptv.org/

IPtv

Brian IPTV is Iowa Public TV. IPTV Spent several weeks at August Home, The publisher od worksmith, Shopnotes, Workbench, ETC. It was "filmed" in Des Moines, IA. They also do ~ weekly seminars at the Woodsmith store which they also podcast at woodworkingonline.com. I think I like the seminars a little better but I'll watch about anything "woodworking".

Not the knot Bob

Blog Entries
    Brian IPTV is Iowa Public TV. IPTV Spent several weeks at August Home, The publisher od worksmith, Shopnotes, Workbench, ETC. It was "filmed" in Des Moines, IA. They also do ~ weekly seminars at the Woodsmith store which they also podcast at woodworkingonline.com. I think I like the seminars a little better but I'll watch about anything "woodworking".

Not the knot Bob
    Well, DANG! I thought I was on to something new! Oh, well As usual, I get it wrong! Geez! and now I find out my name has been Brian all along. I am pretty sure even my mama thinks its Larry. I guess I'll have to call her tomorrow and give her the bad news
    Last edited by Larry Browning; 12-26-2007 at 11:33 PM.
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Woodsmith Shop started showing here 3 weeks ago. They are showing basic skills right now, but since I don't know everything, I have picked up a lot of new things. As was mentioned this show is very well done. I tape all the woodworking shows I can, and watch them at night.

I just watched a couple. I'm not sure what to think. In one of them, they discovered a "router table." I really don't know what to say about that. The coolest thing that I saw was the wagon wheel vise in the bench.

Larry, there's worse things than being named Brian, not many though. Anyway, I heard back from WYCC and they are removing " The Router Workshop". That's too bad, even with the terrible production, the clouds of dust from the wheat straw "lumber", and Bobs' knot I kind of liked that show. Oh well, at least we're even on the WW show score- lose one, gain one.

They will start showing it in Atlanta on 1/6 @ noon on GPTV.
    War Eagle!

apparently there are no plans to carry it in the Twin Cities area according to the e-mail I got from the local station - too bad!