Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So... whatcha get?

So... whatcha get?

I'll start:

Blue ray player (42" plazma already).
    Zero tools! (I've got all I need or I just buy what I ain't got yet).
    "I love the smell of sawdust in the morning".
    Robert Duval in "Apileachips Now". - almost.

Laserpro Spirit 60W laser, Corel X3
    Missionfurnishings, Mitchell Andrus Studios, NC

Hi Mitchell, Merry Christmas! My husband did so great, got me an air compressor, nice one, 50' hose. One can do a whole bunch of things, especially pneumatic carving. Some people at his work wanted to know what he got his wife, earrings, etc, he said uhm, no, an air compressor. They were perplexed, he said trust me, she's gonna love this and yep, I do! Have a good New Years! Jude

Chocolate (!), two prints (one an ink drawing of St. Basil's in Moscow and the other a colored print of the Siberian city of To'Bolsk 150-200 years ago where the original Kremlin was...and also the city my girls were born in), a suede-feel shirt from the 'rents, some Japanese bird finger bells, a couple very happy little girls and an outstanding standing prime rib dinner.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I told LOML that the shop was covered so we both went in halvers on a new DSLR.
    I’ll be able to keep up with the grandkids now.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Got two copies of the War on DVD and two metal John Deere Hitch covers for the Titan - family looked at the wish list on amazon but did not update it. Also got Guitar Hero and Mario Galaxy for the Wii and a really Nice Beer Nut gift pack (they make Beer Nuts here in Bloomington, IL).

No straight edge like I wanted though so no WW related items this year.

Got the buy in for a new 52" W3000 sony LCD (unless I go XBR) and a wall mount. Free Blu Ray players right now with the W3000 models.

Gave Wilton cake decorating items, books, and other cooking gadgets. Baby got a Zoo Train and about every car for it. MIL got a car seat and home interiors. Gave MIL boyfriend a new cell phone. Friend got DVD set, Battery Tender, and a new Thompson mag for his new WWII toy.

Blog Entries
    Pajama Bottoms and a day to spend uninterrupted with my family.
    Have a Nice Day!

Bruce...
    At your age you'll be needing more than a camera to keep up with the grandkids.
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

Christmas Presents

I got a neat picture frame with two pictures in it that my grandson took. Got a nice warm flannel shirt from my daughter along with a hummingbird calendar and an LED rechargeable work light. Now from Santa(me) I got a Husky 24 inch chainsaw, an Ellipse jig from Rockler, an extra battery for my Canon digital XTi rebel camera as well as a 4GB memory card, a wide angle lens(yet to come via the brown truck or postal carrier), a 18V Dewalt drill and a new pair of hiking boots. Santa was good to me this year . Sometimes I start my shopping early like back in November.

Rod<---in Appleton, WA

Smile the one item I like that I recieved from my giirl freind was~

a 160 gig external hard drive- USB never had one and man is this thing cool! ,and some clothes as well , a wonderful sport coat a real nice Cologne set from my girls and the X . I did get something for the whole family to enjoy, and I could not resist since it was almost half price- and here it is- 40" HDTV LCD Samsung TV/monitor - what a picture! I bought one for my Girl friend as well- But she was looking for a smaller flat panel 26" and I hooked that up for her yesterday-she is elated and I am glad I was able to do that for her. Last year it was laptops for my two girls and a newer vehicle for my 21 year old - that's it for the big ticket items for Xmas for a while. I didn't get any tools this year and that's fine, they wouldn't know what to get me as it is, plus I really don't like receiving gifts. It is much better to give than it is to receive-
    Merry Christmas -
    Brian
    Attached Images Attached Images

Not a big year for shop related gifts, but I did get a Wixey angle gauge and a signed copy of the Chris Schwartz workbench book. Got lots of other good stuff including new sway bars for the car.
    Jay St. Peter

Great Christmas

Santa was great - I got the Starrett 12 inch Combination Square with the Forged Head (that would be the smooth one that doesn't hold sawdust from your fingers when you use it) -And - The Starrett 4 inch Double Square - Already trying to figure out just how good I have to be for the entire coming year to get a set of Blue Spruce Dovetail Chisels next Christmas - lol

I got a sweater, some cargo pants, a couple of movies, a cool new belt, a couple of autographed books written by an old friend, and zero tools. The sad part about the tools was that my entire Christmas list to my wife was tools

Tom
    Are you getting something out of your time here? You are? Great...then now's the time to give a little something back! Contribute!

A Lie-Nielsen 1" bevel edge chisel from the In-laws

Woodcraft gift card from BIL and his family

2 Otter Boxes

Honing compound kit

Marble's Special hunting knife

Quick change drill/countersink set

Marble's outdoors memorabilia

Asst'd gift cards
    Michael Gibbons

I think I like opening day of deer season more than any udder day of the year. It's like Christmas wit guns. - Remnar Soady

That bear is going to eat him alive. Go help him! That bear doesn't need any help! - The Three Stooges

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Clabo View Post
    Bruce...
    At your age you'll be needing more than a camera to keep up with the grandkids.
    Who you callin’ old - I’m still a pup compared to you!
    The 4 year old is a challenge....
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Lefse grill and rolling pin. Been decades since I've had fresh lefse.