Thread: New delta 36-979 and a used unifence.

New delta 36-979 and a used unifence.

I just picked up a used unifence for $150 and I am going tomorrow to pick up a new Delta 36-979 from Lowes. The fence is a 52" and it came with the legs and two support brackets for a table but no table top. Should I mount the brackets from the saw to the legs and then attach the top to that or should I put the brackets on the outside edge of my table and attach the legs to the bottom side of the table separately. Also I am going to use a piece of 3/4 mdf and then glue some laminate on top of it is this good or are there better things to use for the table top?

Also I have read about getting machined pulleys and I was wondering of my new saw was going to come with them or if it was going to need them and if so where can I get them at and how much are they.

Keith,
    It's a good bit more trouble, but I made a torsion box for my expansion table on the right of the saw, using the existing holes in the saw table to hold up one end, and the legs that came with the Unisaw to hold up the other. I made the box as wide as the fence guide and as deep as the fence. This made my expansion table deeper than the saw table, but someday I am going to add a table on the back of the saw, too.

I thought about making a storage box too but since this is going to be in my garage until I build a shop I think I may want to be able to move the saw around and the box may make that a bit harder. What I may do is try and replicate the shelf like the factory table has so I have a little storage and a little more strength but the whole unit will be easier to move around.