Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Laguna, just a rant

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Gélinas View Post
    Yes, the part I needed actually was sent FedEx. Finally I can plug it in! (picture of part attached)
    By the way...on my LT16 2 of those adjustable handles broke way too easily.
    I could cry for the time I've wasted, but thats a waste of time and tears.

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Gélinas View Post
    Yes, the part I needed actually was sent FedEx. Finally I can plug it in! (picture of part attached)
    Congrats Marc, go make some sawdust!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Will do!

Thank you all for your indulgence of my little rant. Will be careful with those handles and will make sawdust (as soon as the wife lets me!).
    AH CRAP, I should've measured twice.

Spare part

I think this was just an example of miscomunication in todays very busy world and with everyone running around like crazy trying to keep up with their lives it is easy to understand. The attached email below was responded to fast and they were obviously concerned over the problem and responded accordingly to fix the problem.

Things like this bother me as a supplier as I would not want something like this going on about my products if I didnt have the chance to make it right. I am glad all worked out well . I think the lesson is keep communicating. I have done this same thing with other rants to other companies and all responded and worked out the problem.

Jim

FW: Laguna Tools Literature / Fecha:Mon, 31 Dec 2007 09:41:07 -0800De:"Front Office" <FrontOffice@lagunatools.com> Añadir a Libreta de direccionesPara:jameskingpe@yahoo.es

Thank you Jim for emailing this over to us. It's very unfortunate to see that one of our clients feels this way.We will look further into this.Thank you once again...Have a great New Year!Best Regards,Ashley-----

Original Message-----From: Sent: Saturday, December 29, 2007 7:03 AMTo: lagunabandit@yahoo.com It was submitted by () on Saturday, December 29, 2007 at 10:03:17---------------------------------------------------------------------------from: Laguna Tools Video / Literature Request FormName: Jim KingAddress: Los Lirios 222City: Iquitos, State: Loreto , Email: jameskingpe@yahoo.esThis is how they heard about us:

Comments: You should look at thishttp://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=72323submit: Send---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Jim King; 01-03-2008 at 9:07 AM.

Blog Entries
    When I had called them last week they said they would take this seriously and get it handled. I had mentioned that they should look at SMC and see how many people are looking at this situation. Apparently the power of SMC has spoken again. I'm glad that you're back in the saddle. Don't forget to post pics of your work.
    What you listen to is your business....what you hear is ours.

I can't say enough good about my 16hd and the customer service I've experienced. I wouldn't trade my 16hd for any other band saw. I don't have stock in the company, but recommend the bandsaws highly. Sorrly to hear about your problems. That sorta stuff is unacceptable and frustrating.

I snapped an old 1/2" band last Friday night on my 16HD and temporarily jammed up the spring/tension wheel. I called Laguna minutes after the incident and missed the tech by minutes due to closing time. First thing Monday a Laguna tech called to help. I had already solved the problem but they did follow up.

Thanks!

Thanks guys, issue resolved and got a call from their customer service manager (Shawn) with an apology and an assurance for future service. Once again I appreciate SMC member's input. Oh! and as for pictures of work I don't have much, work and family obligations have limited me mostly to remodeling work on our home (which now has been sold), remodeling work on a second property (also sold) and a timber frame build for the in laws. Here are a couple of picks of the addition just for the sake of it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    AH CRAP, I should've measured twice.