Thread: Is there anything out there like the Fein Multimaster?

Question Is there anything out there like the Fein Multimaster?

I just picked up the Fein MultiMaster to cut the bottoms of some doors for the flooring project I have going on (any excuse for a new toy ), and I was wondering if there is an equivelant tool out there that can functions the same way. Not planning on getting rid of the tool, just curious if Festool or someone else has something like it...

-Michael
    I can pay retail anywhere, so how's your service?
    Grabbing defeat from the jaws of victory one project at a time
    Maker of precision cut firewood

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Ballent
    I just picked up the Fein MultiMaster to cut the bottoms of some doors for the flooring project I have going on (any excuse for a new toy ), and I was wondering if there is an equivelant tool out there that can functions the same way. Not planning on getting rid of the tool, just curious if Festool or someone else has something like it...

-Michael
    Mike,

The Fein MM is a very unique and versatile tool; can sand, flush cut and remove grout (with the appropriate accessories). All accomplished with minimal vibration. The tool operates with an oscillating movement.
    The Festool Duplex is an orbital detail sander and sands very well at that, but the Fein wins the versatility award.

Bob
    Last edited by Bob Marino; 02-24-2004 at 6:09 PM.
    bob m

I have the Fein with everything except the finger attachments. I use that little dude for a lot of stuff and it's a top quality tool. Another tool that is real hand is a dremel.

Stan
    Project Salvager

The key to the gateway of wisdom is to know that you don't know.______Stan Smith

I'll say it's handy, I used it to cut the bottoms of some doors for the laminate flooring I am putting in... about a minute to complete. Then last night I wanted to repair some cracks in the drywall, out came the Fein with the scraping attachment about 30 minutes later the old plaster was taken out and ready for the mud . I am loving this little guy.

-Michael

Thanks for the update. I was wondering if there was anyone else out there that made something similar. I am very pleased with the tool. I have been happy with Fein's products thus far. I have their router, vac, and now the MultiMaster, but I do have some Festool items on my list, hint hint

-Michael