Thread: Anyone know of a link for "Dizzy's Shop"

Anyone know of a link for "Dizzy's Shop"

I see many references to what appears to be a great web site for woodworking, power tool, etc.:

http://home.pacbell.net/jdismuk/sawdust.html

but it doesn't seem to exist any more and google doesn't offer any clues - beyond the pages that were cached sometime in October of 2007 - about where it might have gone.

Anyone have any information or links to were it might be?

Thanks,
    Arvid

i remember Dizzy coming here and other woodworking forums. I wondered what happened to him...........dont see him anymore.

Dizzy's Shop

He's still around,he checks in at another forum,says that he's sold most of his tools and was going to buy an RV and travel.Said that he change his mine and settle for a smaller house w/a smaller garage keep some of the ness. tools and sold the rest.

Last I knew - about a year ago he got caught up in a corporate downsize. He was saying that he was thinking of getting out of woodworking. Last I knew, he was still posting on "the wood works" forum.
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Kuhlman View Post
    Last I knew - about a year ago he got caught up in a corporate downsize.
    Yea, if I recall clearly, Dizzy worked for one of the large ERP software companies that got swallowed up by a competitor. It's been years since I communicated with him. I'm sorry to see his site go down...it had a lot of great information, especially about his most excellent router table setup.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Thanks for all the responses. I guess that is one of the down sides of the internet - information can disappear as quickly as it appears.

If you are looking for something specific try:

http://web.archive.org/web/200312250...l.net/jdismuk/

This is the Internet Wayback Machine's most recent archive of Dizzy's site. Think of the wayback machine as a publicly available backup of the internet.

If you go to http://web.archive.org you can enter the URL of any website. If it's available from the wayback machine you can pick a specific date to retrieve.

PS: Bob Key's workbench site is another great site that went away a few years ago. It's available as well:

http://web.archive.org/web/200503280...lavis.com/bws/

Dizzy did some nice work on a few things, but I have to say his Contractors tablesaw dust collection was a good example of what NOT to do. He had that saw sealed up so tight the dust collector I'm sure was gasping for air. A 90 degree elbow is also not good. And blocking off the back of the saws cabinet fully I see recently has just caused someone in here a major headache, a cracked trunion bracket at the tune of $125 and a few days of down time.
    Last edited by Chuck Lenz; 12-31-2007 at 9:49 AM.

Chuck, remember that what Dizzy did was 5-6 years ago before there was more focus on the "science" of dust collection at the hobbyist level like there is now. You do make valid points, however, based on the increased sensitivity we all have on this subject.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Yep, 7+ years ago whe he did that it was "state of the art" Most of us were running small bag-type collectors with 30-micron bags, if anything. Oneida was trying to convince us all that cyclones were the way to go, but many people just bought a "650CFM" collector and ran flex hose and black plastic fittings. My how things have changed. The page on his new Jet cabinet saw was dated in 2001.