Thread: Mini Gloat

Smile Mini Gloat

Well I went and got one today from Woodcraft. Been going back and forth for the last couple of months about getting another one and finally did it. The last lathe I had sat in the shop for 5 years and was only turned on once before I sold it to get other bigger tools. This I think I can set up so that I can sit down to use and that way it will get used. Now all I have to do is learn how to use one. I'm going to sign up for some of those classes at Woodcraft to get started.

Now I have to go get something to use for sharpning.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dick

No Pain-No Gain- Not!
    No Pain-Good

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Parr
    Well I went and got one today from Woodcraft. Been going back and forth for the last couple of months about getting another one and finally did it. The last lathe I had sat in the shop for 5 years and was only turned on once before I sold it to get other bigger tools. This I think I can set up so that I can sit down to use and that way it will get used. Now all I have to do is learn how to use one. I'm going to sign up for some of those classes at Woodcraft to get started.

Now I have to go get something to use for sharpning.
    Congrats, Dick! Don't have the little Jet myself, but I hear plenty of good things about it. Looks to me like we're going to have another FPP turner for the guys and gals across the pond!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Yeah John,

As soon as I get up to speed on this thing I will start turning some pens. I still have a few blanks left that I couldn't give away. Now I guess I'll use them. Bill Chapman stopped by this weekend and picked up some but I still have almost 200 left so I guess I'll put them to good use.

Dick
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dick

No Pain-No Gain- Not!
    No Pain-Good

That's a great machine. Congratulations on your new lathe! Welcome (back) to the addiction!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Thanks Jim, I really think the reason I didn’t stay with it the last time was because of the sharpening part of the process. I didn’t know anything about it!

Now that I have taken a class on it, I understand the process and it’s not as hard as I thought. Now all I have to do is get the right equipment for it.

Dick
    Dick

No Pain-No Gain- Not!
    No Pain-Good

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    The world is flat Dick. Resist the temptation from the dark side. Sell it while you still can.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

I know Tyler!

But I have run out of room for flat stuff. All the walls are covered and there isn't anyplace to put another piece of furniture in the house.

So the only thing left to do is to make small things to go into the little spaces that are left.

Dick
    Dick

No Pain-No Gain- Not!
    No Pain-Good