Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Computer speakers...

Computer speakers...

Who makes a good set of computer speakers? I am considering a set of Bose speakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Wintle View Post
    Who makes a good set of computer speakers? I am considering a set of Bose speakers.
    Got a feeling you took a wrong turn on your way to the off topic place

Gary

I have the BOSE and like them very much. For the small size and amount of space that the "DON"T" take up, they are very convenient !
    MARK

I like Klipsch Promedia myself, but this should be moved to off-topic.
    Mike Marcade
    Senior Mechanical Engineer
    Server Development
    Dell Inc.

You don't need to spend big bucks to get good sounding and small computer speakers. If you want bose because you like them, you can certainly go that route, but there are tons of high-quality speaker sets for computers that are $80-100.

Go to a best buy or some other retailer and go to the computer speaker section and try them out. You'll be astounded by the quality of sound from the computer speakers in the $80+ range, and lots of them are of the 5.1 or 6.1 style.

I am a sound nut. I was extremely surprised by Cyber Acoustics - even their under $50 offerings. Never take somebody else's word on sound, though. Just when you are listening, check out the 3 and 5 speaker CA offerings. I ended up spending MUCH LESS than I expected.

For context, I am finally selling my 6 foot Magnapans because I can't afford $1,000 worth of replacement amps and more $$$ on a pre-amp. I am not a stranger to good sound. Cheap computer speakers are a different animal, but I was surprised by how much clear sound was coming from the little ones.
    Veni Vidi Vendi Vente! I came, I saw, I bought a large coffee!

Just make sure what ever brand you get you get a subwoofer, they make all the difference in the world.

Bose makes great products-a bit pricey. I bought a set of Monsoon speakers for computers-MM 700. Great sound and not that pricey. Flat panel speakers with a nice sub woofer. Ebay sometimes has them up for sale. Definitely get a sub woofer-makes a world of difference.

I have some Cambridge Soundworks speakers that don't sound bad.

Don't sell your maggie's....you will regret it, maybe not today...but someday...and for the rest of your life

Logitech, Boston Accoustics, Cambridge. I have all three of these and they sound great. All have the subwoofers and surround/or/5.1 surround sound. I prefer the Logitech system's sound out of all of them as it has a superb bass response.
    Been around power equipment all my life and can still count to twenty one nakey

What makes a good system is what sounds good to you. I like Bose...Bose on the Puters...the 3-2-1 on our TV system...the sound docks for the IPOD's...and I have some old 901's in the shop.
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

Altec Lansing makes a darn good set of computer speakers as well.
    Cool Place, this Sawmill Creek.

I'll second Altec Lansing. I have 2 sets. one for the pc and the other is hooked up to the Dish in the shop. Very happy with them.

jeff

I think I have an Altec Lansing 5.1 system on my computer and it is way overkill for me personally. I used to want the best sound card and speakers. I am currently using the on-board sound chip due to lack of PCI slots. I don't play movies or games anymore so sound is not a priority for me.

I've got the Boston Acoustics on my computer. Run an old Alpine car stereo amp and a pair of Bose 301's on the wife's computer. Amp is powered by an Astron 25 amp power supply, and volume is controlled by a Sony dual amp balancer. Talk about a hodge-podge system, but it works They could use a nice sub, but I took the old MTX 10 dual voice coil to the shop. Still need to get a crossover built for it. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.