Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Portable CO2 tank. Opinions

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Haycraft View Post
    Does anyone use one of these?

http://www.mytoolplace.com/JacPac-Po...1204C1674.aspx

It is a portable CO2 tank to use in place of an air compressor. Seems like a good idea and wanted to know if anyone uses one and whether or not they like it.
    Eric-

I'm not sure what the performance is like, but it looks a lot like what Lowe's is carrying in their Kobalt Portable Compressed Co2 Regulator... http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...735-J-6901-100

Lowe's is $9 cheaper too.

Here's some good discussion about the Kobalt ...

http://toolmonger.com/2007/03/09/hot...k-for-nailers/

I've personally considered picking up the Kobalt regulator.

Hello,
    Like Fred and Jim, I went with a smaller ($49.00 on sale) compressor and haven't looked back.

I also tried a 10 gal aux tank, but it ran out of air too quick and I found myself constantly filling it - and still having to run the larger compressor.

I also considered an electric brad nailer, but,, the number of negative posts here saved me from making that mistake.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Crumpton View Post
    There was a stray dong on our property
    This calls for a 12g, and I'm not talking nailers.

CO2 tanks

I have acccess to CO2 tanks, but I would have to get a regulator and hose (which is no problem). Question, at what pressure should I set the regulator for nail guns> Also, does one pressure setting fit all the guns, or do I adjust the regulator depending upon the size of fastener I'm shooting?

I have used the co2 type things they where the best and the lighest, it could run an small finishing nailer all day. One thing is most of the new ones even though they say co2 are not co2 they are regular air. They work like a paint ball gun tank that gets charged to a high pressure like 5000psi so the small volume holds allot of air. That is whay they last a while. You do not discharge the whole tank in a short time so the air getting cold is not a issue in fact my tank never change temp at all.

A home compressor can not fill these tanks, pressure is to high. If you get one though make sure a paint ball store can fill them or you have a place to refill them, they usally costs about $3 to fill a tank for me.

I did get the small senco compressor with a very light hose that is what I use most mainly because I work around the house. This set up is also nice but if you are installing kitchens or on a ladder allot the co2 type set up is much better, no hose to trip over.
    -=Jason=-

120ish and you should be good to go for most guns.

I didn't read all of the posts in this thread so I don't know if it was mentioned, when I only have a few nails to drive, I generally reach for a hammer that is the appropriate size and design for the job at hand. I am trying to be a Neander.
    David B

Why are you emptying the tank when not using the compressor ? I keep air in mine all the time. I been using compressors for more then 45 years and have never drained the air from the tank. Draining the water is a weekly chore like cleaning the air filter and checking oil.
    Happy Sawdust
    Dale

I decided to go with a small cheap compressor for about $80. I have an invertor that can run it off of a car battery if needed, but I've never had to resort to that.
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Lesak View Post
    Why are you emptying the tank when not using the compressor ? I keep air in mine all the time. I been using compressors for more then 45 years and have never drained the air from the tank. Draining the water is a weekly chore like cleaning the air filter and checking oil.
    Aah.. Option b that costs me nothing.. I always thought you had to drain them daily, so I always left mine empty - that and until a month back I didn't have a variety of nailguns, so it rarely got used. Not the case anymore.

Thanks everyone for your input.