Thread: New Pinnacle Router System

New Pinnacle Router System

Just got my new Woocraft (January 2008) Catalog yesterday. On the front cover is an impressive picture of Pinnacle's new Router Table System for Festool MFT. Any thoughts?
    Gary

I thought it strange. Why would someone buy an expensive Festool MFT, remove the top and install an expensive pinnacle router top. Also, the MFT is no longer available. Festool is designing a new MFT and will the pinnacle fit the new version? Maybe I'm missing something.

The pinnacle top does look cool though.

~mark

Here's a link:

http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?familyid=20442

I agree with Mark. The use of an MFT as a dedicated base for a router table makes no sense to me. You could mount the Pinnacle router table on a pair of saw horses and get the same functionality. (Well, that's a bit extreme, but you get the idea.) The MFT is such a versatile work table, cutting table, clamping table, I would not see any advantage in turning it into a dedicated router stand. And then there's the combined cost of the MFT plus the Pinnacle. Hmmm.
    Dave Falkenstein aka Daviddubya
    Cave Creek, AZ

Was trying to figure out what mark was referring to in terms of a redesign. (Do you have a link?)

Anyway, I stumbled upon this. This seems like a much cheaper way to go while still keeping the MFT's core functionality intact.
    http://www.woodshopdemos.com/fes-43.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Haycraft View Post
    Was trying to figure out what mark was referring to in terms of a redesign. (Do you have a link?)

Anyway, I stumbled upon this. This seems like a much cheaper way to go while still keeping the MFT's core functionality intact.
    http://www.woodshopdemos.com/fes-43.htm

I read about the MFT3 on the festool owners group. Doing a google search didnt turn up much but this. Spring of 08 for the MFT3.

http://www.festooljunkie.com/catalog...h/79/table-it/

Bummer. I just got an MFT about a month ago. Should have waited I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Haycraft View Post
    Was trying to figure out what mark was referring to in terms of a redesign. (Do you have a link?...
    We cannot post links to other forums here at SMC. Go to the Festool Owners Group and do a search on MFT3.
    Dave Falkenstein aka Daviddubya
    Cave Creek, AZ

Just in case anyone doesn't know this...

Woodpecker sells their products under the "Pinnacle" brandname through woodcraft. You can see all of their product line at www.woodpeck.com

Woodpecker makes good stuff; their router tables, router plates and rings are top-notch.

9. I just bought that table and fence system to accomodate my Jessem Masterlift and PC 7518. I bought a Rousseau leg set to place the table on, although my initial purchase was for table stretchers sized for a 20' x 40" table and once assembled I opened the Pinnacle table to find it packed with two steel reinforcing bars that are 24" long that are to run front to back. Not wanting to cut the bars shorter than they are my options are to either purchase new stretchers at 28" to accomidate the table or to use another layer of mdf atop the leg set to stiffen the whole shebang. Cost is probably a draw at $40 for new stretchers and seeing how beefy the reinforcing bars are leads me to believe that Pinnacle/Woodpeckers sees the importance and has made a more than suitable approach to stiffing the top against warpage. Just thought I would pass this on as woodcrafts display of this setup was without the reinforcing bars and when asked they said if I was concerned about warpage that the larger bench would be a good idea.