Thread: Grizzly 1023SL used....Good Deal????

Question Grizzly 1023SL used....Good Deal????

I know that a lot of these questions come up on a daily basis, but I just have to ask so I don't stay awake all night wondering if it is worth snagging. Thank you in advance for all of your patience and honesty with the beginners on here like myself!

I have been on the hunt for a new/used tablesaw for about 2 months. There is a used Grizzly 1023SL by me for 750 OBO. I know I can get a new one for 995.00 but that doesn't include shipping. With shipping I'm looking at around 1200.00. From the pictures, it looks like it is in nice shape. In the ad, they claim to be including "$300 woth of used blades". Is this an "ok" deal or am I wasting my time. I am trying with all of my might to hold out for the best deal. Any advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks everyone!

I just got mine delivered for $1050. It would have to be pretty darn perfect before I would consider paying $750 for it!
    Maybe he would keep the $300 worth of old blades and sell you the saw for $600.

It might be an ok deal if the saw is pristine and the blades are almost new. Go inspect the saw and offer him what you think it is worth.

He turned down offers of 600 already

The gentleman told me that he already turned down multiple offers of 600. I think he is looking for 700.00 or more. I'll let the deal pass or try calling him again in a month and offering something lower if he still has it. I just needed someone else to tell me it's not that great of a deal. I'll just sit back and keep looking at the classifieds. If anyone knows of a good used tablesaw in the Wisconsin area, let me know. I'm actively hunting for one in the $800 range!

Thanks again everyone!

I'm probably going to get smacked down for saying this.. but there is a Dewalt hybrid in the minneapolis craigslist for 800 i think with the slider table and all the bells + whistles. I Personally have that same model without the slider and am satisfied with it...

That being said.. There is also a PM66 in there (drools) for 1300. I would get that in a heartbeat if I didn't have my dewalt. There is also a unisaw and a grizzly - price not listed - in the MN craigslist.

Gas and traveling can be a killer

I looked at those too, but I'm about 6 hours away from Minneapolis and that is quite a drive for a saw. I think I would be better off saving that gas cash and putting that extra money towards a new saw..... I think??

It's a great saw, but the price is a bit steep. Get it new from Grizzly, or keep looking--better yet, buy the new one from Grizzly with the riving knife, if it's out yet.

Hi,
    I picked up my Grizzly 1023 (right tilt) two months ago for $400. This included a bucket of rust, a blade with some carbides missing, and the Grizzly slider attachment.
    I think unless the saw is in remarkable shape and indeed has $300 worth of saw-blades I would try to haggle the price down.
    It's a biiiig mistake to allow any mechanical object to realize that you are in a hurry.

my guess if he has turned down multiple offers of $600, then multiple people are going out to see the saw and determining that it is not "pristine". I would be tempted if the blades were nice and the saw looked like it had hardly been used.

I'll break from the pack. If you can get it for less than 750, great. But 750 isn't bad for a left-tilt cabinet saw.

Of course if it came from a production shop and has been spinning 40+ hours a week then thats something else.

But the Grizzly is a good tool and left-tilt isn't too common in the used market yet. And depending on the type and quality of blades that could be a plus. Also the fence/rail length would definitely factor in if it isn't their T-square. Lastly make sure your electrical will work with it.

Maybe there are a lot more cab saws offered in your area, they rarely appear in the KC area and lefties under a grand are just about nonexistent.

Find out how old it is and how its been used, if it sounds good check it out and confirm.

If it were within 100 miles of me you wouldn't have to worry about it.